Whitefish High School

Track 2009 (Read 321 times)

Track! When does it start? It must be nearly that time, right? It's actually amazing how much I miss it. I ran past the track today and there were all kinds of youngsters doing those horrible jumping warm up routines and lining up to do sprints and such. I have found myself at least 4 times within the last week thinking that it "smells like track season" while I'm walking to class. I hear there is still quite a lot of snow there so maybe I'm wrong on the timing and am just being tricked by Walla Walla weather but in any case, when things get going, keep me updated! Agh! Who knew I would miss running in circles so much?
      Ovals..... Ovals...... not circles!!!!!! Janna, I'll have you know. Track misses you also. Track begins on March 16th. Just under two weeks away. We still have tons of snow, and the weather is typical. Cold. I'm still looking forward to running with everyone. I've been pretty consistant since the end of November, so I'll finally be able to run with the group without sucking air. Sara gave me one of those digital picture frames, so I loaded about 150 track and xc photos on it from the past five years. It seems like everyone is still the way it was four years ago. At this exact moment, there is a photo of the NW A divisional 1600 meter race with Anne, you, Beth, Clare and Loni all in a row at 2.5 laps into the race. What a great race!!!! Enjoy the "track" season. Bill