Whitefish High School

Okay, I was plodding but...... (Read 134 times)

First of all. I struggled through the snow. Especially on the uphills. I stopped at one traffic light for about a minute or so, but Janna the run was about 51 minutes. So, I think about the basic distance to the beach and back, and then I add in the looping around the Central school playground and the extra distance around the fence, and the extra half mile or so on the lake (one way), and I can't come up with 4.5 miles. I really can't come up with a pace, because I couldn't keep one with the soft footing, but we're looking at between 5 and 5.5 miles at least. So then I think about the effort, and the sprinting I did to catch up, and I'm leaning way closer to 9 to 9:15's, but then I think about how slowly I was moving up the hills. I may compromise at five as Jacob put down. I worked to hard for a 4.5. Bill
      haha yeah...i wasnt really sure. i'll measure it!
        How do you propose to measure the distance in the playground?
          good news. i mapped it at 4.75 but i was totally guessing on the lake and i think it was probably a bit further so five is fair. i'm not sure why i only had 38 minutes. i must have left it stopped for a bit or something...i tend to do that.
            You may have stopped it at the traffic llight. You may remember my comment about the playground. "I don't mind running around in here looking for a way out. It's just extra distance to the run." We ran about five minutes out on the ice before turning around. It was the easiest part of the run. 5 sounds good. 5.5 sounds better. Bill