Whitefish High School

Clare! (Read 201 times)

so i just realized that clare is on here! i was very very confused for a bit though because your name is mtnrunner which is very similar to bills mtrnr (or something like that) you might want to change that....? or not, it might cause mass confusion though. but anyway... yay! welcome.
      Hi! Thanks. I might have to change my name...hmm...mass confusion...sounds like fun.
      Jacob Fern

yeah, I was really confused by that... I was going to ask, but I just figured I was missing something, and I didn't want to look too stupid.
          Clarebear just sounds more like the Clare we know. Nice job with the new PR! Do you think you can run with Lauren at Pablo? You looked like you handled the pace pretty well. Janna, Nice job at PLU. How did you like the big hill? I hope the knee is better. Jacob, Since everything is a hill in New York City, I would say, how did you like the flatspot (if there was one.) Bill
          Jacob Fern

Somethings still wrong... I can't figure it out. I really should be under 30, but I'm not even close. It was nice though... Not exactally flat, but it was quite a bit better than Van Courtlandt. I think that I would have really liked it if it was a 3 mile, but the extra 2 just killed me. I don't know what the problem is though. I did all of my 10k races at a faster pace, and I even did my half marathons at a faster pace (well, faster than the first race, and just a little slower than the second). I have been trying to get in some workouts, but things are just crazy right now. I guess I'll just keep on doing the best I can...
              Let me guess. You're doing a lot of school work. I'm also guessing that your eating habits, and probably your sleeping habits are not quite what they were when you lived at home. At least you're taking multivitamins with iron to keep you in the safety zone. How is it getting up in the morning? You wouldn't think that getting used to a new time zone, that gets you up three hours earlier than when you were in Montana is going to make that much of an impact. Give it time. It will come around. The key is not to force it, but rather to accept it, and when the time is right, everything will right itself. Bill
              Jacob Fern

Yeah, you're right... my diet is not quite up to par. mostly pasta, potatoes, and ramen. This is just my freshman year, too. I have another 3 to get to where I want to be. And luckily, there's absolutely no pressure whatsoever on this team. (I'm currently #3 on the team... even with my slow times. And #1 and 2 are also freshmen.)
                  bill, i must say that i loved the "big hill" although i think we may be thinking of a different hill because this hill really wasnt a hill but more of a bump and only significant because it was the only part of the course that was not completely flat... are you sure we're talking about the same course? haha anyway my knee is doing much better, still a bit sore but not bad. the trainer couldnt find anything seriously wrong with it so i've just been icing and such. and it seemed to work out because the plu race went very well...i am super happy with it. i was very excited to hear about everyone's results in whitefish and i cant wait to hear about divisionals next week!
                    Janna, It's nice to see that you ran so well. Especally with the whole knee problem thing. Yeah, I think we're talking about the same course, as I'm not sure where PLU would put another course. There's not a lot of places to put a hill on their course, the the little hill is "the big hill". A bit different than that of a typical NY course. I have a feeling that if you went through two miles in 12:21, you most likely were under 19:00 for 3 miles. Wait a second..... Janna running in the 18's for three miles, and then continuing on for another 3/4's of a mile...... I think we want you back on our team!!!!
                      "Wait a second..... Janna running in the 18's for three miles, and then continuing on for another 3/4's of a mile...... I think we want you back on our team!!!!" I agree! Janna, I can't believe how well you're doing - especially w/school and...um...college life... Smile You are amazing. Jacob, since I haven't had any form of communication w/you forever - I hear that your "XC team" isn't exactly what you'd hoped for. You seem to be coping well though...keep running, knowing you you'll have them all outfitted with schedules, cool t-shirts, and probably be acting coach before long. Uh, yeah, I think I can run w/Lauren at Divisionals. I'm learning to run like I never have before - I was always either hanging on to someone else or wishing I had someone to hang on to. Races were always about surviving. I think I'm finally beginning to really race and compete, instead of just make it to the finish line. I hope I can keep it up, is all.
                        clare....facebook!