Whitefish High School

Loni, you're back! (Read 300 times)

Loni, It's good to see you posting your mileage on your log again. Active rest has come and gone for those with the "big" goals. I've run for 16 straight days, which is something I haven't done for quite a while. I'm actually feeling pretty good, even though the pace has been really slow, and the mileage is very light. My plan is to gradually build up, so that I don't get hurt, and can keep putting in the miles. Kind of like we talked about on our way back from Boise. If you might remember, my suggestion was to begin with weekly mileage goals, and add as the winter progresses. I realize that you may be able to handle more, but if you start out with too much, then where is there to go? The reward of getting out consistantly in the winter is the payoff of healthy running, and the ability to easy handle mileage in the spring, when you can really get out and run longer. So here is an example of what I mean: Dec 8-14 Total weekly mileage would be 15 miles Dec 15-21 " " 18 miles Dec 22-28 " " 22 miles Dec 29- Jan 4 " " 25 miles Jan 5-11 " " 28 miles Jan 12-18 " " 32 miles Jan 19-25 " " 35 miles Jan 26-Feb 1 " " 38 miles Feb 2- 8 " " 40 miles Feb 9-15 " " 43 miles Feb 16-22 " " 46 miles Feb 23-March 1 " " 50 miles March 2- 8 " " 54 miles March 9- 15th " " 58 miles Then on March 16th track starts and you can have two easy weeks. Basically the first two weeks at the beginning of track season. Now if you think this is easy, really take a look at it. If you are running every day. You begin with only a couple miles a day. But, in a couple of weeks, it's 3 miles a day. A couple of weeks after that, it's 4 miles a day. A couple of weeks after that, it's 5 miles a day. A couple of weeks after that, it's 6 miles a day. A couple of weeks after that it's 7 miles a day, and finally at the end it's over 8 miles a day. Those are all pretty big numbers for high school runners. And it all adds up, and you remain healthy and love running all the way through. This is the key to having fun and acheiving with running. Keep it building and resist the urge to do too much, too soon. Training comes to an average over time. Set your goals and post them where you can see them. Let me know if you have any questions. By the way. Bowdish is a great place to run. The trails are back if you can handle running on snow. Bill
    Love to run

hey Bill! I haven't been on here in forever. Im glad im back. Yeah , I have been going out everyday since monday this week. Last week was a little weird, i just couldnt get out there. Now I cant stop , I had to tell myself not to run 10 miles today i made myself go like 1 or 2 and mostly my pace. Im going to post thes last two days, and i love your plan , i need to make up my log or whatever. I have just been super insanely busy keeping those grades up. I have been running alot in the snow, its my favorite, but i do remember a certain run with patrick at pig farm and getting bloody , but its was xc runners deal with . Anyways , im not liking the roads and the smell of exhaust, my mom makes sure i dont go out in the boonies by myself. Bailey and i are going to start running together tomorrow, i think. On another note, the active rest did alot for me, i have never really done that, and it felt good, i controlled myself from going out for like 2 hours doing who knows how many miles , i kept it to like 1 to 2. I do get the head shake from people in town thinking im crazy, I think its funny , because i am crazy. Anyways , i better go study and such, I will most definetly keep you posted. talk to you soon Bill Loni