Weight Loss Dailies

The Tuesdailies! (Read 11 times)

runtravelrun

Good morning!

RR:  I'm planning on swimming after work, 1600 yards, and maybe going for a 3-4 mile run after.  We'll see how it feels.  DF and I registered for a 12k trail race this weekend, so I'm looking forward to that as well.

NRR:  Nothing too exciting today.  Work, then I have a meeting after work, then working out, then I think a friend is coming over for some Downton Abbey.

FR:  I made spaghetti and caprese last night, tonight I'm not sure.  It might involve sweet potato fries.

Shouts from yesterday:

Seattle:  Nice job recovering from your long run!  That’s pretty fantastic that you’re not wobbly after running 17 miles.

MIA:  How was Identity Thief?  I heard it was pretty funny.  Yes, I have spring break soon!  It’s the last week of March and I cannot wait!

Snowden:  Wow, I would never run after 10pm, just because that’s when I sleep!  Do you work evenings?

SJP:  I too am not very excited about the clocks springing forward.  It’s finally light when I’m coming to work, which makes me much happier then coming to work in the dark.  Oh well, the morning darkness will only be temporary.

OU:  Nice job on the pr!  You’re so close to a sub 2 hour half!  Do you have another half anytime soon?

rtr: I haven't gotten into downtown abbey - but i've heard it's really good.  I don't have another half planned in the future, so it will probably be the fall before I give it another shot.  trail race sounds fun!

seattle: I really am enjoying the lunch runs.  I've missed sunshine and warmer weather!  it helps wake me up for the afternoon as well.  Good luck on the half this weekend.  I think you could surprise yourself with a PR, i did last fall, it's amazing what the extra long run miles do for you!

mia: sounds like things are going really well with TLC!! any luck with a new job?

sjp: ahhh I can't believe niece is a year old?! That can't be right!!!  I feel ya on daylight savings, I was enjoying having some sun on the drive in the last week!  I only get one week for spring break unfortunately, but I'll take it!

---------------

rr: did 5 miles at lunch yesterday.  Helped to wake me up some for the afternoon.  Will probably try and do this once a week now, schedule permitting, nice way to break up the day and not have to wake up early and run in the cold.  There will be atleast a 30* temp difference between 5am and noon here!

nrr: struggling through all the stuff I have to do.  I need a light at the end of my tunnel.

fr: I wouldn't say that I've been great, I might be eating my fair share of chocolate chip cookies this week.  I've been looking at my new years goals, I need to get back to those.  I've just been stress eating this week in the worst way!

seattlechica

Good morning!

RR - Had a nice sunny run over lunch yesterday and then did an hour and a half of climbing with DBF yesterday! It was a great workout, and I started getting up to some more difficult stuff so that was fun! Up early to get my 5 mi in before work this morning.

NRR - It's slow time of the month at work this week so I am just trying to find ways to stay busy and start getting ahead - we are transitioning over to a new accounting software at the end of this month so I know things are going to be crazy then. Also trying to get ahead on homework tonight so that I can get started studying for my final early - it's only two weeks away already! I am looking forward to having two weeks off from class for sure.

FR - Made some delicious chicken enchiladas for dinner last night, planning on making a pork stir fry w/mashed potatoes for dinner tonight.

Back later for some shouts!

sjp4253

seattle-way to go on your long run, that is awesome! enjoy your cutback this week. you've earned it. and i agree, winter is draaaaagggggging on forever.

snowed-good to be busy, is work still a nightmare with the supervisor?

mia-yes, dbf really likes to go home with me. he likes to hang out with my niece/nephew and that we can relax, do something we want when we are there. no one blinks an eye if you are hungry and have a snack or decide to take a nap...

rtr-fun, a trail race, seems like it'll be muddy this time of year!

ou-at least you get a week! sometimes in grad school, they are like 'eh tough luck'. cookies are standard issue during busy weeks! i do the same thing!

RR: 10 outside miles this morning. the first was tough, very windy and cold. was thinking there was no way i'd make it the whole time. then i got away from the ocean and it was a lot better. actually felt nice the entire time.

NRR: nothing too exciting. need to run a couple of errands, so we'll see if that happens. i am still tired from the weekend. and its only tuesday.

FR: mixed buffalo sauce w/chicken last night and put it on salad. was good!

Snowdenrun

Morning-

The sun was out yesterday and it is now! It's so awesome waking up at 8 and its bright out.

RR- Yesterday I ate more than I should have and did not run. But I was really busy. My plan is to get some miles in today and then walk the dog with DBF before I head to work

FR-New day today. I find it really hard to stay within my calories on days I don't work out. So one of my March goals is to stay within my calories on days I do work out, which is about 5 days a week. If I stick to this it will be better than last month and will get me going.

NRR- I have a midterm(written and practical) for my EMT class on Thursday. I haven't even studied once. Haven't even opened the book or looked at the packets. Most other people in the class are super dedicated and study allllll the time. I mean all the time. Where do the get the time?! Maybe I'll study since I have the next two days off work.

Mia- It's very rare for me to run with anybody, ever. I like doing most my runs alone, but wouldn't mind some company when I am running a trail for the first time. This town is fairly safe. I mean there are weirdos everywhere you go. But when I run at night I stay in the well lit area and avoid the area with all the bars. I'm fairly terrible about telling DBF where I'm going to run since most the time I don't know til I'm already running there, but when I run at night I let him know something and stick to it. Sometimes I wonder if it would be safer if I ran the trails at night. So in general I feel safe, but I'm ALWAYS on the look out.

rtr- Yep, mechanics work the late shift. I don't get off til 10. So I rarely get to bed before midnight. But I also don't wake up til 8-9. Most the time that means I get to run during the day before I go to work, but with this EMT class the only way I can fit one in sometimes is after work.

ou- It's so easy to stress eat and tell yourself not to think about it. I've been doing it recently too.

seattle- I read about you climbing and I remember how much I loved it. I never really got into too much(I tore my ACL) to get really good. But it was so much fun and such a good workout. The gym here is in the process of expanding the tiny climbing wall and I think they just finished the first phase. I should get back into that.

sjp- Work has been okay this last week. I talked to my boss and my supervisor has been better. But... who knows how long that'll last. We are still short staffed and will be til the middle of May. It's draining doing double the work. Glad you're starting to get to run outside!

MiaInWA

RTR: Are you doing anything special during your spring break or just going to lay low and enjoy?  I liked Identity Thief, had some very funny parts.

OU: Yeah just when I was about to give up the dating site paid off.  Any dating going on in your life or are you too busy to even think about it? No luck with job hunt yet.  I'm going to look into going back and taking some classes I think.

Seattle:  We went to the Eastlake Bar and Grill.  Have you ever been there?

SJP: Silly question, did DBF's mom know that you spent the weekend with your family?  If so, did she have a cow?  Have you rescheduled your visit to see them?

Snow: Glad you feel safe there.  Sometimes I'm a weeny I guess.

RR: Ran 5 miles with friends this morning.

NRR: It was nice and sunny yesterday so I mowed the lawn for the first time this spring, need to do some weeding.  The neighbor got a new puppy - sheltie/border collie mix - really cute and active.  I played with the pup for a little while yesterday.  TLC made us reservations to go to the WA coast in another weekend.  He's going to go fishing and I'll have to look into what I can do while he's out on the boat.  Found out one the husband of one of my friends had a series of strokes on FRiday.  He is only in his early 40's - he is in the hospital and lost fine motor skills and some of his speech.  So scary.

FR: Working on using all the frozen foods and canned goods I have before I head out and shop again, although I may have to get some produce in the meantime.

Marian

MiaInWA

RTR: Are you doing anything special during your spring break or just going to lay low and enjoy?  I liked Identity Thief, had some very funny parts.

OU: Yeah just when I was about to give up the dating site paid off.  Any dating going on in your life or are you too busy to even think about it? No luck with job hunt yet.  I'm going to look into going back and taking some classes I think.

Seattle:  We went to the Eastlake Bar and Grill.  Have you ever been there?

SJP: Silly question, did DBF's mom know that you spent the weekend with your family?  If so, did she have a cow?  Have you rescheduled your visit to see them?

Snow: Glad you feel safe there.  Sometimes I'm a weeny I guess.

RR: Ran 5 miles with friends this morning.

NRR: It was nice and sunny yesterday so I mowed the lawn for the first time this spring, need to do some weeding.  The neighbor got a new puppy - sheltie/border collie mix - really cute and active.  I played with the pup for a little while yesterday.  TLC made us reservations to go to the WA coast in another weekend.  He's going to go fishing and I'll have to look into what I can do while he's out on the boat.  Found out one the husband of one of my friends had a series of strokes on FRiday.  He is only in his early 40's - he is in the hospital and lost fine motor skills and some of his speech.  So scary.

FR: Working on using all the frozen foods and canned goods I have before I head out and shop again, although I may have to get some produce in the meantime.

Marian

seattlechica

Had a nice easy 5 mi before work this morning, and have managed to keep busy so far... hopefully that will hold through the afternoon!

rtr - Enjoy your swim tonight!  Trail races are so much fun - I've only done a few so far but I'd love to do more and get into some more technical trails!  I have been making sweet potato fries at least once a week, they are so good.  Not sure if it matters a ton taste wise, but I usually use white sweet potatoes rather than yellow/orange - I feel like they have a milder flavor that you can spice any way you want.  So delicious!

ou - 30 degree temp swing is pretty crazy!  It's maybe like... 5 degree temp swing here? haha.  maybe a little more on sunny days.  sorry about the stress eating...  I know how that goes, it's a tough habit to break and I'm still not sure I've entirely broken it!  I am hoping for a half pr...  I've been so close and this is definitely the most weekly mileage I've ever run so hopefully that will help push me over the edge.

sjp - I know what you mean about being tired and it's only Tuesday... it's a little overwhelming sometimes!  I work right on the waterfront (not the ocean, but the sound) and it is definitely way more windy next to the water than away from it - I've gotten pretty used to running in windy weather this winter unfortunately!

snowden - I think staying under calories on workout days is a great goal and usually more do-able than staying under on rest days!  I hope you can find some time to study for your midterm - you will do great!  That is awesome that your gym is expanding the climbing wall, it is so much fun!  I didn't really expect to like it much since I am afraid of heights, but I think it's good for me and I've only had one minor freakout so far.

seattlechica

mia - I haven't been to Eastlake Bar & Grill but I know a few people who have gotten married there - it is in a pretty cool location for sure! where on the WA coast are you going?  My family has a beach house in Long Beach and I am eager to get back there again soon.  Your neighbor's puppy sounds adorable!

MCinFoCo

Hi all,

RR: Finally back at it! 6 miles at lunch today. Wasn't stellar, but what can I expect after all the zeros in the running calendar the last couple of weeks?

NRR: Turned in the thesis on Sunday morning to my adviser. Hoping to get feedback soon from him. I'm heading to a conference in Austin on Thursday night and it will be hard to do revisions while I'm gone. When I get back next week, DD will be here with her boyfriend for part of their spring break. Yay!

OU: So cool about your PR! I would be absolutely thrilled to get that time on one of my halfs this year. The first one I'm doing is extremely hilly on April 21, so it probably won't be that one.

RTR: Trail race sounds terrific. Love Downton.

Seattle: You have been working out so consistently! Really well-rounded plan. 2 weeks off from class does sound good even if you have to study for the final.

SJP: Great that it was decent enough for you to run outside. You all have had a long winter there.

Snow: It's cool that you're doing the EMT training. Will that mean a job switch for you, or something you do in addition to the mechanic work? When you run on trails at night, what sort of headlamp do you use? Does the bobbing light bug you, or do you get used to it? BTW, the last two weeks when I've been barely running, I feel like I've been more hungry than usual. Today, when I ran 6, I felt less hungry. I think there's some kind of middle range for me where I run just enough that I'm not hungry. If I run a lot more, then I get super hungry. If I don't run at all, I can think of nothing but food. If that makes sense.

Mia: Wow, mowing the lawn! We have finally gotten snow, so the issue is shoveling and removing ice. There must be grass under there somewhere, I guess. What sort of fishing does TLC do -- out in deep water?