West Virginia Running and Racing

for my Daughter (Read 94 times)

Last October my youngest Daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. After a week in ICU the realism of multiple finger pricks, shots and an insulin pump were now are new normal. She is doing great (all thanks to God) and handles getting her fingers pricked a minimum of 12 times a day like a champ. I thought i was tough for years- Jumpinp out of airplanes-9 professional boxing matches-Hundreds of S.W.A.T. calls- even an Ironman for good measure- but God has humbled me through my daughter as she can take changing out a 1 inch steel port and replacing it every few days without crying - but I can't.

ALMOST HEAVEN EPIC CHALLENGE

Ive always had a desire to do things that others may think I cant, so I am coupling this desire with the possibility of raising funds for JDRF(JUVENILE DIABETES RESEARCH FOUNDATION) and raising awareness.

With this in mind on 9-26-12  I will swim 5 miles in cheat lake--ride my bike from WVU Stadium to Hurricane - AND Run from Hurricane to Marshall University stadium.

100% OF PROCEEDS GO TO JDRF  

CHECK OUT    miles for madi  on facebook

Ive got a lot of great help- Robert smith, John Smith,Quinton Keeton, John Meadows,Randy Moss, Jason Pyles, Drew Watson, Jeff Joy, Roger Arthur, Jay Granger, Joey Robinson.

Most of all my wife Tara Arthur, Kasey Arthur, and Madi Arthur (my inspiration)

I hope to make a positive change in the quality of life for kids, I hope and pray that one of those kids is my Madi.

I thank God for everything, and pray that this message finds all of you and your families in good health.

Ron Arthur

JasonPyles

We're all 100% behind you and support you Ron on this awesome event!

THANKS JASON

A-SpeedBall

Well spoken my friend!i know you can do it!

Thanks Mike