Weight Watchers on RunningAHEAD

First full week of January (7-13) (Read 89 times)

Arimathea

Tessa

How about a weekly thread, since many of us probably weigh in once a week?

How many of us are trying to get back on the wagon after the holidays?

bingo_jenn

Me!

I have a goal to plan the next day of food each day.  I made it through last week, barely went over my points, and lost 3.8 pounds!  Hopefully I can keep the momentum up this week.

MonkeyBunny

Tessa/Arimathea.  Great idea for a weekly thread!  Whoever's here on first on Monday can start.

bingo, congratulations!!  One of my three routines is to know what I'm having for lunch.  I work from home so I don't have to plan as well as someone who packs their lunch.

My weigh in is on Monday mornings.  I was down 1/2 pound but not losing at the rate I was before my birthday in early December.  Marathon this Sunday so I'm a bit more focused on carbo loading vs. point counting.

Once I get back from Houston, my challenge will be to track diligently and to stay on plan as work travel ramps up.

I'm doing some web searches on whole foods and low glycemic foods to help make better choices with my points, and eat less additives and preservatives.  Bananas are high glycemic but they fill me up and I have one nearly every day.  Right now I eat Pepperidge Fam Soft Wheat bread (1 pt a slice) but I'd love to find something with less preservatives.  I gave up popcorn as a snack when Weight Watchers went to Points Plus and popcorn went from 1 pt to 3-4 pts.  I wish I could motivate to make my own salad dressings but I do love many of the Newman's Own Lite dressings.

Houston Marathon 1-13-13

Rock n Roll St. Pete Half 2-10-13

Gasparilla 15K 2-23-13

Armadillo 10K 3-9-13

Ogden Marathon 5-18-13

Steamtown?

Baystate?

The Goal:  Boston Marathon 4-20-15

Zelanie

This is an interesting time for me, WW-wise.  Over the holidays I let myself relax a little more (OK, a lot more) then I ever did before I was at goal and am starting to work out the limits of what I can get away with considering the amount of exercise I'm getting now.  The answer- quite a bit, but only to a point!  I found myself eating and not tracking things like M&Ms and not being willing to just face up to the fact that I was not handling them well and that they needed to be out of the house.

On the other hand, getting back under control with those things still around feels like more of a victory.  I still have some M&Ms at work and am intentionally have 10 at the end of every workday at the moment just to remind myself that I am in control again.  We'll see.  Evening snacking is an issue for me now, too, but it's all tracked and really not out of line with what I seem to be able to maintain.  But I do need to be aware of what I have in the house right now.

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

This is an interesting time for me, WW-wise.  Over the holidays I let myself relax a little more (OK, a lot more) then I ever did before I was at goal and am starting to work out the limits of what I can get away with considering the amount of exercise I'm getting now.  The answer- quite a bit, but only to a point!  I found myself eating and not tracking things like M&Ms and not being willing to just face up to the fact that I was not handling them well and that they needed to be out of the house.

On the other hand, getting back under control with those things still around feels like more of a victory.  I still have some M&Ms at work and am intentionally have 10 at the end of every workday at the moment just to remind myself that I am in control again.  We'll see.  Evening snacking is an issue for me now, too, but it's all tracked and really not out of line with what I seem to be able to maintain.  But I do need to be aware of what I have in the house right now.

It's definitely interesting to figure out how to maintain after being in "loss" mode for so long and I totally get the victory in controlling portions...wish I could do more of that!!!

I'm struggling with the extra snacking right now. I almost always run before dinner, right after I get home from work so I have a small snack before I run. (not because I need it to run but it keeps me from eating the house while I make dinner after my run). My issue is that snack sends me to the kitchen right when I walk through the door from work and lately I eat my planned snack plus 2 more. This week I have started putting my snack in my bedroom, next to my running clothes so I can avoid the kitchen all together. Hopefully that helps. Anyone else have any ideas???

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Craig42

I had relaxed a little bit over the holidays, with "extra" non-tracked candy, etc.  but I had been hovering at "almost goal" since November,  so I was motivated not to get too crazy,  Ended up maintaining for December,   and got back on the wagon after New Years.

Got to goal weight at last nights meeting,  after slightly more than 1 year in WW.,  down 70.2 pounds.

MonkeyBunny

Congratulations on hitting goal weight!!!

Houston Marathon 1-13-13

Rock n Roll St. Pete Half 2-10-13

Gasparilla 15K 2-23-13

Armadillo 10K 3-9-13

Ogden Marathon 5-18-13

Steamtown?

Baystate?

The Goal:  Boston Marathon 4-20-15

Zelanie

Congratulations, Craig! Cool