Weight Watchers on RunningAHEAD

?? and intros (Read 231 times)

TurquoiseBlue2

Thanks, Zelanie - what a HUGE improvement you've also made to your health! You remind me of a friend I made thru WW meetings... she's 63, has lost 137 pounds, is now on staff (Receptionist), and has placed #1 in her age category in 4 5K races she has won! Wow!

YOU GUYS ROCK!!! :O

And I think that was so exemplified when I visited the western suburban Chicago area this last October, to visit with my mom and 2 sisters. (Mom is 82, moved there 1 yr ago to live with my 2 sisters there.) Natch, they were (especially my mom) amazed at my "new looks" (not finished yet!!). And what a new twist! I made going to my weekly WW meeting a priority - gained some new WW pal/friends in the process! and made activity a priority (used hotel's health club and pool!). What a great feeling that was in Chicago - as here on our msg boards - to know we're really like a FAMILY - all striving for better health and happiness and feeling GOOD! Smile It's a unique "club"! Smile

And we love it, don't we? Smile

Your collective stories DO inspire me - and I'm so grateful for that. Now.... gotta go to my gym, to start my New Year 2013 off to a great start!

Thank you all!!

I want to live - not merely survive! And I won't give up this dream that keeps me alive!

MI Survivor:  05/12/2008

WW Member (84.2 lbs. lost since 01/01/2012)

jackjnston

jackjnston what do you think of the new 360 plan?  I heard the meetings are more interactive?

I'm not sold on ActiveLink.  I think it's great for people who are couch potatoes but I don't want to earn extra activity points for everyday activities such as laundry.

Our leader hasn't really gone over the new plan.  I think she's waiting for the attendance to ramp up in the New Year.  So, I am actually a bit confused as to what is is all about.  At our last meeting, there were only two of us in attendance so I am hoping she gets to it next week when the line is out the door!

danadearest

Hi all..I just joined this group but will not join WW until next week on payday.  I am signing myself and my husband up for the online membership.  I have been successful on WW in the past but have gained all of it back.  I currently weight about 173 and want to lose at least 30 lbs preferably about 35.

I took about a 9 month hiatus from exercise.  It was not intentional but I got burnt out on running and cycling and interested in other things, parrots to be exact.  This may sound dumb but I have decided to run every single day, at least one mile, rather than just 3-5 days per week.  I find it too easy to stop if I take a day off.  On days that I don't feel like running or whatever or I need a rest day I will just run 1 mile.  I started on January 1 and most of my runs have been only one mile.  I'm starting very very slow this time.

I look forward to coming in here and discussing WW with people who run!

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Good Morning Smile

My name is Erica and I'm a WW Lifetime Member who is no longer at goal. I'm 3.5 above goal but about 10 lbs. heavier than I want to be. I just started working at WW as a receptionist and I'm hoping that keeps me on track!

I first joined WW in 2000 when my daughter was 6 months old. I lost something like 36 lbs. and kept it off for 4 or 5 years. In the last 8 years I have gained and lost the same 20 lbs. twice and I'm bound and determined to stop that cycle!! I think WW is a fabulous program - especially now that they fixed the weird carb/fiber loophole of past programs. I'm a vegetarian (no meat at all - no I don't eat fish) and overall I eat really well - but portion control is my issue!!

I'm also hypothyroid so that comes with its own struggles but that is mostly under control at this point. A friend once told me that if you were once overweight and lost the weight, you have to eat 20% less calories to maintain that weight than someone at the same weight who has never been overweight. I believe the source of info was a documentary of some sort...but that is pretty sobering and seems to really hold true for me. I eat much better (and less) than many thin people I know but I have to work MUCH harder to lose or maintain my weight.

I hope to get to know you all better! Yay for WW!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Craig42

Hi everyone,  I'm Craig,   51 years old,  live in Texas.

After starting and stopping a few times in 2010-11,  I started running in fall 2011 and have stuck with it and enjoyed it since then.

Finished 2 half marathons in 2012, and my first full marathon will be in Feb.

Joined WW in Dec 2011 at my wife's suggestion (she's a Lifetime member) and it's very helpful that we both are tracking and go to the same meetings when our schedules allow.

Have lost 68 pounds and I'm almost at goal  -- possibly at tonight's weigh-in if I'm lucky.

dirtroadrunner

Hi!! I've been a WW online member for 11 months. I've lost 33# with the new program and a total of  63# since my daughter was born 16 months ago (little one #3 ) I've been running again since fall. Have my first half the end of April. Trying my hardest to be ready!  I am also still breast feeding, so the last couple of weeks I've adjusted pts trying to find a happy medium. I for the most part do not use my activity points if I leave my DP,s at the default for nursing moms. Not sure if that is good or bad. I'm also hypothyroid.