Barefoot Runners

Total newbie in Oklahoma would like to try and find traning partners (Read 224 times)

I have to admit I amnot cool enough to start alone--I was so surprised Ed was doing 55 a week. I have tried a couple laps at the local high school. You have to go so early--it has gotten over 100 by 11 a.m. or so everyday lately
    nysooner1355

I'm in Oklahoma...never enjoyed running, but have recently started and have really been enjoying it and have been trying to do the barefoot thing...I run about 3 days a week at the local park and the other days I try to lift and run barefoot on an elevated track at the rec center - but I'm really wanting to try the actual thing (that is running barefoot outside) - I'm thisclose to buying a pair of Vibram Five Fingers so I can go do it...I'm in Mustang, not sure where you are...

Certainly Something...

Hey there Folks.  Close but no cigar on Ole Stu here.  I'm up in ICT, KS. You know that better state up north of yeah? j/k

But just to let you know, you don't need vibrams to go out on the streets.  I run a two mile loop around my house.  There is some glass on the sidewalk sure every now and again, but it's easy to avoid.  I've actually stepped on glass numerous times and never cut my foot.  Just start slow outside.  Vibrams are good for when the pavement is hot though.

My friend is actually going out and buying some Virbams today, so I'm going to start runnign small distances on my off days with him.  I'm excited!  Best of luck, hope you find a partner or just get out there and have some fun!

I am in Norman; and yes Wichita is a nice place---if u like toll boothsSmile

drop me a e-mail degenxr1@yahoo.com or IM..Ben