Barefoot Runners

on the local TV news (Read 311 times)

wanderingoutlaw

I made the local TV news last night.  They were running a nationally-produced segment on barefoot running and incorporated me into the story for local flavor.  Went better than expected as I don't do well in on-the-spot interviews.

You can watch it here: http://www.wistv.com/category/229633/video-landing-page?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=7583916

You'll probably have to cut and paste the url as I'm having difficulty linking through this forum interface.

John

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congrats on the fame!  No doubt the fortune is coming later. Smile

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Congrats John! They did a reasonable job as well.

bob e v
        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

wanderingoutlaw

Thanks, guys.  I thought she edited it pretty well also.  Of course, after the interview I though of better answers I could have given to many of her questions.

John

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

John, the editing was better than we knew. Here's a comment on it from a prominent Austin BF'er. Still a good job by your local TV station in putting it together.

"This story was initially filmed in Boston a few weeks ago ,and is making its way around the country, with local interviews replacing some of the original quotes. The group running images are members of the New England Barefoot Running group, and the Runners World guy was part of the original story. Looks like they found a way to include your friend and give it more of a local flavor."

bob e v
            2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.