Barefoot Runners

Increasing my distance... (Read 374 times)

Half Fanatic #846

This morning I ran my longest distance barefooted so far - 6 slow miles on a hilly (no walking) asphalt neighborhood route.  I'm still getting used to the distance and downhills, because I did bruise my right foot around the ball of the foot a little on this run.  Been building my BF distances slowly for the last few months.  My PF is practically all gone.  It's hard for me to believe I have actually done this, but now I have an October off-road 20K in my sights (barefooted, of course!).  And a BF 5K coming up in 2 weeks.  So right now, I'm doing roughly half my weekly mileage BF but will continue to increase it.  It's getting to be very enjoyable - I can even get in the groove early  into my runs and "zone out" some.  Just wanted to share.   

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

RunrGreg

@RunrGreg

That's awesome!  I'm also transitioning to barefoot.  I still run most of my miles in shoes, but I'm up to 2 miles at a time barefoot on the treadmill.  I need to work up the courage to start doing these barefoot runs outdoors.

One thing is for certain.  My legs are much happier when I don't wear shoes.  I finally get it.  Barefoot running really has very little to do with your feet.  It's all about allowing your legs do what they were meant to do.

Good luck with increasing your distance!  I'm right behind you.