Barefoot Runners

what happened to the sticky? (Read 499 times)

Chris345

or was I hallucinating?  I am considering going BF and was poking around this group a while back and thought I saw a sticky with some pointers for newbie BF.

lay off the drugs dude.

its not a bad idea though, everything is kinda scattered about like scribbles on a public restroom wall.

perhaps we can start compiling them here, do's and dont's, guidelines, links, etc., and in a few weeks sort it all out into one big sticky montage.

Chris345

Have you ever really looked at your foot,  I mean really looked at your foot?

I am reading through the posts but a sticky might be nice.  hint hint hint  

Thanks

Chris

Chris345

Ah hah!   It was a link in the introductions thread I remember.  I'm there now.  I still want the sticky!  I'm demanding that way.
          bobbyk

What the hell is a sticky anyway?  I've seen it mentioned on this forum before, but, could someone please explain what a sticky is?

Thanks,

Rob

under a rock

What the hell is a sticky anyway?  I've seen it mentioned on this forum before, but, could someone please explain what a sticky is?

Thanks,

Rob

A sticky is a thread that the forum mod keeps stuck at the top of the thread list so it won't move down the list as it gets old and ignored.

Deacon

Yeah, a sticky would probably be helpful for anyone checking this out for the first time.  The information is out there...just spread out all over.  When I started up a few months ago, I started from the beginning and read through most of the threads...it was a good way to get a lot of points of view, although probably not too efficient.
                  I know ed4 is a moderator, not sure if anyone else in the forum has the power.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

bobbyk

Here is a nice link for someone who is getting started:

http://jasonrobillard.com/barefootchronicles/howdoistart.html

I've been barefoot Walking on asphalt for about a year now and am SLOOOOOWLY transitioning to barefoot running.

I have also been incorporating the Chi-Running techniques to my regular running for 1 year as well.  I have gone from

a heel striker to a midfoot striker during that time period.  It seems like the transition to BF running is very natural from that perspective.   I also removed my custom orthotics at the same time.  For the first time in years I've not had any running related injuries.  I'm sure this has to do with strengthening my feet (via the bf walking and orthotics removal) and changing my stride to a midfoot striker.

Just ran 7 tenths of a mile last night without a problem.

If anyone is interested, the reason I started exploring new ways to run last year was because I have had many injuries of the last 30 years that just about had me give up on running.  I've had 2 successful Neuroma surgeries (1 on the rt foot in 1985 and 1 on the left foot in 2004).  I've had plantar fasciitis in 2004-5 that forced me for years to stop running and explore other cardio exercises, i.e. Swimming, Biking, Rowing. 

I will post this on a new thread named "Beginners start here".