Barefoot Runners

More Invisible Shoes Huaraches (Read 903 times)

Just in case Steven hasn't gotten enough attention in this forum, I finally found a few minutes to put together my own huaraches.  Photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/runtowin/sets/72157623799942249/

I'm looking forward to running in them and seeing how they work.

On a side note and not quite related, I also ran about a third of the barefoot 5k course at Pineland Farms, looks like it will be fun.  Any of you making your way up for it?

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Great pics- I can just feel the cord between my toes-Hmmm...I suppose they will take a little while to get used to-Now go for a run and let us know...<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy" />

"Experience is not what happens to you, but what you do with what happens to you."

Huaraches Maker

If the feeling of the cord between your toes doesn't fade to nothing within a few days (a week, maybe), then you may want to try loosening the heel strap -- which moves your foot back further on the sole -- then tighten the toe strap a bit (so things don't get floppy).

Got my first trail run in, went 7.25 miles.  I'd had 3.3 miles in them going into the run.

I had relaced my right huarache which made them much more comfortable.  Running through calf deep mud I didn't have to worry about them coming off (which was good) but they felt kinda slick afterwards until I got to the brook and could wade through there and get rid of the mud between the sandal and my foot.  It made navigating all the roots interesting since it is a very technical spot.

Here's how my feet looked after I got done wading through the brook (which did a good job cleaning off my legs, it was a little less than waist deep) and running through calf-high grass which scraped a lot of the remaining mud off.

Huaraches First Trail Run

Run to Win

I got a lot of attention at the race tonight...I ran in them. 

I didn't actually race though.  With a speed workout this past Monday and 2 races this weekend I didn't see a need to actually race.

I just showed up for the face time, since I am one of the sponsors and I didn't show last week.  (17 week race series this year. This was week 3.  Last week I forgot my running shorts so I went home and ran tabata intervals instead.)

Run to Win