Barefoot Runners

Vibram Blisters made me barefoot (Read 1391 times)

Certainly Something...

So I was going to wait till summer to start in on actually going barefoot. I've been doing really good in virbams, and I really enjoy them. Well I've always tied my shoes really loose, so loose that I'm generally surprised they stay on my feet. This has given me some callouses in strange places. As I'm driving my virbam miles up to 3 and 4 miles these callouses are starting to fight with my vibrams. Wednesday I was running three and I got almost a mile in and some how I was agitating my blisters horribly. They were getting pretty bad, but the location was one that I was fairly certain I could run barefoot. They are almost on the side of my foot, they hit on the vibram seam because they are callouses on the side of my foot that stick out and run on the inside seam. So far before this I had run about 100 yards truefly barefoot. I pulled off my vibrams, looked around. Realized I didn't have a belt in the shorts I was wearing and would have to carry my vibrams the back. Well I ran the next 2 miles home and felt great. I would have to say that those 2 miles were some of the most helpful to my overall form I've had, until today. I went out and ran 2 miles in my vibrams, and then 2 miles home. Today the blisters didn't get to be a problem, but I could tlel they were about to start up when I took off my vibrams. This 2 miles was all just sidewalk, which is actually really easy on feet. I've gotten much much smoother in form, and now I'm down to almost no impact what so ever. Anyways, I just wanted to share and say that if you have been running in a minimalist shoe and are still having trouble finding your form, I suggest you start trying to work some small barefoot breaks into your routine. Now I need to start switching up what I"m running on so I can get some tougher feet. Feet the Street!
    Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Nice progress.
      I would have to say that those 2 miles were some of the most helpful to my overall form I've had, until today.
      Yes, exactly, I strongly encourage anyone who's getting started to jump directly into some barefoot running or walking. You will learn so much faster that way.
      This 2 miles was all just sidewalk, which is actually really easy on feet.
      Yes, exactly again, most sidewalks are easy and ideal for learning.
      Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.