Barefoot Runners

BF runners over 40? (Read 593 times)

44 years old here. Started in VVF 8 months ago. I run in them about 60% of the time and the rest in Newtons. It has taken some time, but I'm slowly building mileage. Main issues is calfs aching after 3 to 4 miles. In the beginning my calfs ached after 1/2 mile, so I slowly getting better.
      41 and just getting into barefooting it. I would like to get some vff's but haven't tried them on yet. I was not a runner until a little over a year ago. I started to get some extra pounds of my frame. I have started to train and compete in triathlons and would very much like to be able to barefoot run the triathlons to save a little time in the transition.....and to look cool crossing the finish line barefoot.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Huaraches Maker

Took a while to chime in (my replying has slowed down with age ).

I'm 48.

Not only a barefooter... but also a sprinter (fewer and fewer of those as the years progress)