Barefoot Runners

Barefoot Running is Bad, mmmmkay (Read 1262 times)

You have to ask yourself why someone would be so protective of there information: http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=runningbarefootisbad.com&prog_id=godaddy
    I am willing to bet this site is setup by a shoe company, just based on this alone. Maybe, this person is paranoid though. But, his site certainly reminds me of anti-evolution sites. I find it somewhat funny. That and he claims that BF runners are not too bright. I am getting a PhD in Mathematics, but because I run minimalist or barefoot I am automatically stupid.

hmmm... link seems to be the wrong one could you update this.
        The link is correct. You have to scroll down to see the info.

Imminent Catastrophe

Yeah, I'm thinking that the owner has financial interest in selling shoes, and a big chip on his shoulder. His secrecy sure doesn't help his credibility.

BTW I ran the Blue Ridge (Half) Marathon on the Parkway yesterday, and saw a guy in VFF KSOs, another guy barefoot, and one more who had shoes but ran at least some of the race barefoot. I'm up to about 6-8 miles in the VFFs but wasn't quite ready for a HM yet.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Professional Antagonist

The timing of this site was curious... it went up right around the same time Road Runner Sports sent out that mass newsletter bashing barefoot running.  The "BFR is Bad" site also displayed Road Runner ads immediately. 

Barefoot Running University- Jason's barefoot running site

You have to ask yourself why someone would be so protective of there information:

http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=runningbarefootisbad.com&prog_id=godaddy

I am willing to bet this site is setup by a shoe company, just based on this alone. Maybe, this person is paranoid though. But, his site certainly reminds me of anti-evolution sites. I find it somewhat funny. That and he claims that BF runners are not too bright. I am getting a <leo_highlight>PhD</leo_highlight> in Mathematics, but because I run minimalist or barefoot I am automatically stupid.

I couldn't find the info either- Who is "he" and what verifiable scientific studies does he reference that determines running barefoot is bad? One of the biggest lies put out by the shoe industry is the "replace your running shoes ever 300-500 miles." I've got well over 1,200 miles on my Nikes and they feel better than ever-I plan on running in them until I can poke my finger through the soles... On second thought, I may run in them until they literally fall off my feet...

"Experience is not what happens to you, but what you do with what happens to you."
                Can anyone tell me how I am getting all this gobble-de-gook after my posts and how to correct it? Thanks!
                "Experience is not what happens to you, but what you do with what happens to you."
                  I am not sure why you are getting it but you can delete it if you select HTML while editing. Just delete the extra crap.

Thanks-The only way I could get rid of it was to manually highlight than delete...

Get Lost :)

I've seen NB ads on that site, but their top running shop banner is RR. Doesn't prove anything but is kinda funny.

under a rock

Wow, someone has lots of venom to spew.

Here's the reason running stores don't need to worry too much about sales loss. Even if I am wearing shoes, which I still do since I'm working on barefoot and it will be a while before I can hit my trails bf, I would only buy two pair or so a year. I personally spent more money on running clothes, hydration, accessories, etc last year than I did on my two pairs of shoes. So if this person would calm down and think a minute they might be able to figure out a way to keep their barefoot clients without the scare tactics.

mahony

The page source contains a number of references to the domain "secret-squirrel.com". A quick whois lookup on that might clarify things.

Get Lost :)

The plot thickens.

secret-squirrel.com is all over the source for that page. Whois gives the registrant for that site as a Craig Payne. A joint search for Craig Payne and secret squirrel seems to refer to a Podiatry forum that lists a Craig Payne who is in the Department of Podiatry at La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia.

DUN DUN DUNNNN!!!

i love how throughout all of his different posts he uses the same phrases over and over.

"see how dumb these people are? see how manipulative they are? see the lies they fabricate?"

it reminds me of people who constantly use phrases like "know what i mean?" in open conversation in an attempt to get people to agree with you even though they may not exactly agree with the point you make. its like some clever charismatic ploy thats supposed to make a person appear credible.

p.s. every time i see the title of this thread i cant help but put an "mmmmkay" on the end.