Barefoot Runners

Barefoot Running is Bad, mmmmkay (Read 1262 times)

I bet that his research is paid for by a shoe company.

Oh, man I have to quote him off his own site.

"The amount of passion involved in supporting a theory and the amount of emotional attachment to a theory is inversely proportional to the amount of evidence for that theory"
      (* this law is currently under revision as those who it should mostly apply to are the least likely to realise it)

lol Both seem to hold true for himself.

you mean the research for the website? i dunno about that. half the time he doesnt even provide the research, right after criticizing someone for failing to do so. i think his only resource is google, and still, some of his references are only generalizations not based on any real scientific fact.

if a shoe company is paying him i think it speaks volumes about their lack of character and willingness to support anything that will benefit them regardless of truthiness.

No, I was referring to his academic research. I was trying to find where he gets his grants, but I didn't see any. On my academic site you can see from where my research grants come. This guy just has some papers posted and that is about it.

Imminent Catastrophe

I bet it's pulled out of his a$$.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Get Lost :)

Oh, man I have to quote him off his own site.

"The amount of passion involved in supporting a theory and the amount of emotional attachment to a theory is inversely proportional to the amount of evidence for that theory"
              (* this law is currently under revision as those who it should mostly apply to are the least likely to realise it)

lol Both seem to hold true for himself.

Oh, this guy must *hate* intelligent design. And evolution. 

What a chop. His words ooze hatred.

Who cares though? He is like a nutter ranting off a soap box about something like impending apocalypse. I would just ignore him in the street anyway.  One visit to his site was enough for me.

I'm not sure why I care, however, here's the trail:

1. The site has a google analytics accounts on it ( UA-191487-*). The google analytics have a unique ID base, where the * is replaced with different numbers to track different sites.
                  2. The unique GA id also exists on other sites, as stated here: http://domping.com/runningbarefootisbad.com
                  3. These other sites DO have whois information, which from 3 I checked appears to all be the same, eg. http://whois.domaintools.com/running-shoe-rx.com

All of these domains (except the DomainsByProxy on http://www.runningbarefootisbad.com/) are registered to:

Registrant:

Podiatry Portals
                  PO Box 231
                  LaTrobe Uni Post Office, VIC 3083
                  AU

Domain name: RUNNING-SHOE-RX.COM

Administrative Contact:
                  Payne, Craig  
                  PO Box 231
                  AU
                  +61.394795820
                  Technical Contact:
                  Payne, Craig  
                  PO Box 231
                  AU
                  +61.394795820

Craig Payne is a Podiatrist at Latrobe Univeristy, as seen here, with ties to the referenced sites:

http://www.latrobe.edu.au/podiatry/staff/Craig.html

He obviously feels very strongly against barefoot running, as stated on his blog here:

http://www.professorlifeuniverseandeverything.com/the-zealotry-of-barefoot-running/119/

So based on all of this circumstantial evidence, it's most likely him. Then again, I'm not sure why I care, it was just fun to see if I could nail it down further.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

The reason I cared was to see if a running shoe company was behind it.

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice detective work Rob!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

rbib

He is getting paid through advertising and selling shoes, and he knows his SEO very well. I dedicated a mini-site to this guy: runningbarefootisbad.wordpress.com I don't like being called a nutter.

keeponrunning

He is getting paid through advertising and selling shoes, and he knows his SEO very well. I dedicated a mini-site to this guy: runningbarefootisbad.wordpress.com I don't like being called a nutter.

We all run.  Aren't we all nutters?  Wink

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022