Barefoot Runners

got some new VFF KSOs (Read 509 times)

So, I have been sticking my toe back into the water running wise this year.  As it has warmed last few weeks, been doing most of it barefoot.  run a little, walk a little.  I really like the barefoot feel.  Picked up a thorn or something that I had to dig out of my foot, so I thought I would try some VFFs for protection.  There is a good amount of glass in the areas I run and I figured it is just a matter of time before I do some damage.  Anyway, I did 3 miles last night in the VFFs.  They don't give that nice barefoot feeling, but it does still make me land in the way I want to, (not on my heel).  Also, they allowed me to lift my head up a little and not have to inspect the ground as much.  So far so good.

Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.
      tried on a pair of those just the other day and I'm curious...so far, just been building my feet up by barefoot wind sprints on the grass in 1/2 mile increments
      "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.