Barefoot Runners

Tried some flats (Read 244 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Last night I ran in flats for the first time (Kilkennys). It was dark, and I didn't feel like dodging all the stuff on the road...and ...and...ok, yeah, I'm a weenie. Anyway - it went really well...BUT. It sure was less of a workout for my feet than barefoot running. I ran 3 miles vs. the 1 mi I can usually manage barefoot, and there was much less soreness in the musculature of my feet today, so yes there IS a difference in terms of what you get out of it. I also saw two people having sex against a parked car. Yikes! Amazing what you see (well, mostly *hear*) at night. Arla

Ex runner

Last night I ran in flats for the first time (Kilkennys). It was dark, and I didn't feel like dodging all the stuff on the road...and ...and...ok, yeah, I'm a weenie. Anyway - it went really well...BUT. It sure was less of a workout for my feet than barefoot running. I ran 3 miles vs. the 1 mi I can usually manage barefoot, and there was much less soreness in the musculature of my feet today, so yes there IS a difference in terms of what you get out of it. I also saw two people having sex against a parked car. Yikes! Amazing what you see (well, mostly *hear*) at night. Arla
      Wow, that's cool. I'm more of a morning runner, but I see what you mean. Running barefoot in the dark is a bit daunting. I'm a newbie wannaba, so to speak. Have not offically run barefoot yet, just walked. Can I ask you, do you have the fivefingers? Should I get the Classic, or the Kso (or whatever there called ) What are flats? I guess I'll check online. I plan to try the real barefoot thing, but would like a backup too. I walked the 1 mile loop around the Navy track last night, no issues. My feet burn a bit today. So, barefoot works well on the track, but not for downtown running ( at least at this stage , and I'm a weenie too! ) I want to get those fivefingers this weekend. I'm just torn on which ones....

- Anya

Queen of 3rd Place

I have the FF - the classics. They stay on just fine! So far, I've only run with them on a treadmill. They bother my toes when I first put them on, but not when I've run. Flats as in racing flats. I have these: http://www.nextag.com/Saucony-Womens-Kilkenny-XC2-611905924/prices-html ...I took out the foam inserts, they are pretty minimal. Arla

Ex runner

thanks !

- Anya

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

To run barefoot in the dark, wear an LED headlamp.
            Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.