Barefoot Runners

Newbie Ahoy! (Read 187 times)

Certainly Something...

Howdy all. I've been awhile slowly transitioning to BF running. I started running again last year after a long couple of years of serious drinking, and smoking. I decided I was out shape and wanted to be fast again. So I started running in shoes on the mid-ball of my feet, low mileage, not very evenly spread throughout the year to get some muscles and bones built up. This year I actually set the goal to run 365 miles total. Which seems a bit small, but I'm already behind =P. I managed to get a knee injury in my shoes, turns out I was rolling out onto my small toe when i was really tired. I figured that out when I got some Huaraches (6mm vibram soles). So I put about 17 miles on my Huaraches, and I really like them, I've gotten a few blisters. Though the sole seemed to be too thick in for me. So I just got some Vibram Classics. I put 2.24(ish) miles on them last night, went out a little fast, was kinda sore by the time I got done, but I must say they feel amazing. I was a little worried about my form till I read a few of the threads in here but it sounds like I'm doing alright. Hopefully this summer I'll shed my footwear and join all the true barefooters out there. Vibrams feel awesome.