Barefoot Runners

First run of the season... (Read 20 times)

Got out last week while on Sanibel Island for a barefoot beach run. Lots of shells on that beach made it pretty difficult for feet that haven't run barefoot for quite a long time, but it felt good anyway. Got a couple of good blisters but they went away within a few days after popping 'em.

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

wanderingoutlaw

That's a lot of shells, but the do look like the kind that aren't too bad to run on.  I have to wait another two months before I get in my beach running.

John

CT JEFF

My first run of the season was about March 15th. There was still ice and snow, and I got blisters from trying to grab in with my toes.

This season has started with lots of blisters and not enough time to roughen my feet up. I am training for a TRI and my feet are soaking for 30+ minutes every week.

Had a race this Sunday that I tried to do BF. 7.1 miles, 84 degrees. Blacktop was too hot. Too many stones for me. I was walking back after 3.7 miles. I would try to run and my feet were so sensitive by this point that I would get only a few steps before something minor would shoot pain through my foot. I was ready to turn back at mile 2.5 but completed the course. There was so much chipped rock, gravel and dirt roads, that I dont know if I would do this again barefoot ever again.

Next Wed Im thinking of doing the 5k BF. I got a PR in April BF and I beat the #1 Female! I heard her complaining about the "barefoot guy" -

"I cant catch him, and Ive got springs in my shoes and he is just bounding along"    Smile

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!