Barefoot Runners

2nd Pair of VFFs for Walking (Read 212 times)

Now that my marathon is out of the way (most training done in racing flats on roads or trail shoes otherwise through the winter) and the weather is warming up I'm going to start doing the barefoot runs (and runs in Vibrams) again. I've started using my Vibrams again (KSOs) and I want to start wearing them around for my normal shoes again but they are pretty nasty (I need to wash them) and my feet get very dirty when I wear them (and even after washing they'll just get nasty again - that's what running trails in Spring will do for you!) That said, I'm going to get a pair dedicated as street shoes and I'll just move them to running shoes eventually when my original pair gets too torn up. So - should I stick with KSOs do you think or should I get some classics or a different pair? Weigh in!

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

I just tried on KSOs for the first time, and I didn't like the fit compared with my Sprints. The Sprints have a separate adjustment at the back that helps keep me forward in the shoe. My feet are wide, so to get a comfortable width I end up with extra length. So my next pair will either be more Sprints, whenever those fall apart, or some Flows for the winter.
      Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.

Picked up my 2nd pair this evening for walking around in.

I tried on the sprints last week, but they didn't fit quite right.  The KSOs do have an adjustment at the back, it's just connected to the over the top strap. 

The sprints and flows just didn't fit quite as well, so I'm sticking to the KSOs which I know are comfortable. I'm not sure that the sprints would fly at work anyway - there is a no open-toed shoe policy (I work at a manufacturing plant) so while I know they technically don't violate that, it might be harder to justify wearing them than it would be for the KSOs.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)