Barefoot Runners

Marathon in Socks (Read 887 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Here's a race report from Matt Jenkins, who I saw running the Rocket City Marathon in Smithwick socks. Turns out he's also a Maniac.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Here's a race report from Matt Jenkins, who I saw running the Rocket City Marathon in Smithwick socks. Turns out he's also a Maniac.

I loaded that up and thought, no way that is a picture of a maniac ;-)

Thanks for the report.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

Queen of 3rd Place

15 mi. for $17 and up socks! Ouch!

Ex runner

Half Fanatic #846

What I need is a permanent supply of low-quarter  real  running socks with either a 2-3 mm carbon rubber outsole or a vibram (a la five fingers) outsole.  Just regular colors like camo, black, desert tan, ... OK, just the socks in any color would do!

Oh yes, and a pair of  very  minimal black shoes suitable for work.  Fake shoelaces would be okay.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Running in Socks

Yeah, don't try this at home kids.

SwiftWick sends me the socks for free.

Imminent Catastrophe

Yeah, don't try this at home kids.

SwiftWick sends me the socks for free.

Matt,

Welcome here. Stick around, we can use your advice!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016