Barefoot Runners

New Running Sandal from Invisible Shoe! 50% off before 8/1/11 (Read 1124 times)

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

With this design you won't cut a short sandal like I did with my first try! 

http://www.invisibleshoe.com/921/feeltrue/

they are 50% until 8/1
    "To thank you for being a customer, and to celebrate 
    the release of our new products, until midnight 
    August 1st you can save 50% off the list price 
    of our FeelTrue Invisible Shoe kits. "

bob e v
    2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Half Fanatic #846

I hadn't planned on getting any before, but you know - I think I'll replace the flip-flops I wear with these.

Thanks for the link!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I just ordered a pair this morning. 

bob e v
        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Maffetone likes 'em.

I just ordered two pairs, because I couldn't decide whether I wanted 4mm or 6mm.

Half Fanatic #846

Just ordered my 4mm "Connect" model - looking forward to my first Invisible Shoe run!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

How do you get the 50% off price, I only saw $5 off.

I did register, but haven't gotten my email confimation reply.

Thanks

Half Fanatic #846

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing, but realized they were about what I paid for my last pair of inexpensive flip-flops, so I got 'em anyway...

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thanks

My email offer was linked to my personal email address.  Don't know if there's a way to get the deal if they don't choose to send it to you.  Why don't you PM gethuaraches (Steven Sashen) here on RA and ask him?

Huaraches Maker

The 50% off deal is just for previous customers who purchased the Vibram version of Invisible Shoes.

If you did get those, and didn't get an email about the Introductory special, drop me an email (use www.invisibleshoe.com/contact)

Half Fanatic #846

Everytime I read this thread title now, I see it as "New Running Scandal from..."

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Everytime I read this thread title now, I see it as "New Running Scandal from..."

Ha ha - that's a lot more attention-getting....

Good time to give my review.  I got my 4mm Connect pair last week.  The soles are nicely shaped, and have the side holes pre-punched.  You still have to punch the front hole and do the lacing yourself.  I wonder if that turns some people off.  Flip flops manage to come all ready to go.  Something to consider, Steven.  Maybe adjustable with a quick clamp or elastic?

Anyway, I took a couple of short runs and had some discomfort with the toe cord on my left foot.  I was afraid the cord would wear a gash in my toe on the first run so I ditched the sandals and finished barefoot.  Messed with the laces before the second run, and managed to go three miles with less discomfort.  Last night, I completely unlaced and retied the sandals, and had a great run this morning.  The position of the knot underneath and the tightness of the cord seemed to be the culprits.  Today's run was actually faster than recent runs in Vibrams, which surprises me.  I don't seem to have any chafing problems, which I did have with my first pair (not the Connect).  They'd probably be okay as well, with a careful tying job, but I think the new design conforms to the foot better, so there's less of a flopping feeling.

What I like about these is the speed with which I can put them on (now that they're tied properly).  Slip 'em on and I'm out the door. Smile  The only faster option is barefoot, which is fine when the trails are clean.  Otherwise, the Invisible Shoes are going to be sitting by the door, ready to grab.

Half Fanatic #846

You still have to punch the front hole and do the lacing yourself.  I wonder if that turns some people off.  Flip flops manage to come all ready to go.  Something to consider, Steven.  Maybe adjustable with a quick clamp or elastic?

Thanks for the review!

I got mine a week or so ago and managed to cause a small tear at the side of the front hole - it may wear thru prematurely, but it's good for now.  I tied the laces with no problem, but when walking in the first one I finished, I kept tripping on/catching the front of the sandal on the floor. I know it's probably a simple adjustment that I have to make - but I put the project on hold for awhile (not because I'm put out, but because I got tied up with other things - maybe finish 'em and run this weekend).

It would be nice if a manual hole punch was included with the kit!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thanks for the review!

I got mine a week or so ago and managed to cause a small tear at the side of the front hole - it may wear thru prematurely, but it's good for now.  I tied the laces with no problem, but when walking in the first one I finished, I kept tripping on/catching the front of the sandal on the floor. I know it's probably a simple adjustment that I have to make - but I put the project on hold for awhile (not because I'm put out, but because I got tied up with other things - maybe finish 'em and run this weekend).

It would be nice if a manual hole punch was included with the kit!

I got a punch kit like this at Hobby Lobby.