Barefoot Runners

Barefoot/minimalist Shoe Running Clinic in Grand Rapids, MI (Read 376 times)

Professional Antagonist

I'll be running another barefoot/minimalist shoe clinic in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  The clinic will meet twice- January 16th and 30th from 12-2.  Topics to be covered include:

• My Six Principles of Successful Barefoot and Minimalist Shoe Running
    • Progression of transition
    • How to develop excellent form
    • Drills
    • Common concerns
    • How to avoid injuries
    • Winter running
    If you have questions or to register, contact Jason at barefootchronicles "at" gmail "dot" com.  If you are interested in bringing a clinic to your area, contact me.  Here's the site for clinic attendees:

http://barefootrunninguniversity.com/clinics.html

The site also contains some video of previous clinics.

Barefoot Running University- Jason's barefoot running site

Jason,

I'd love to come up and meet you sometime and see the clinic. January is a bit of a rough time to start to learn to run barefoot unless you have a treadmill around but I hope the turnout is wonderful for you.

I live in Ann Arbor, so 4+ hour round trip drive in the winter is not exactly tempting.

As a side note, would love for you to open your log, assuming you have your training on here, in order to get a peek!

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

Professional Antagonist

I'm tentatively planning at least one, maybe three clinics for the Metro Detroit area.  The first one will probably be around the beginning of April.  I'll keep you posted.

I don't have my log here.  Actually, I don't usually keep a log when I'm not in a training cycle.  I have a rough idea of my mileage, but it's more of a "zen" approach.  During my training cycles, I usually use running2win.  I may switch to here once I start serius training in a few weeks.  My log isn't too impressive, though.  I have a few half-assed runs during the week, maybe a day of hill repeats, then a long run. 

Barefoot Running University- Jason's barefoot running site