Barefoot Runners

Blisters and FF (Read 331 times)

Anyone, have issues with blisters in FF? I just got mine and ran 2.5 miles today. I have at least 5 blisters. I was fine on shorter runs and was fine until I hit 1.5 miles.

I haven't had any issues with blisters in the FF, even on longer runs. Only issue has been some rubbing on the back of the heal. I have the classics and that's where the elastic thing is.
        I have the classics also. Up until today, I only had issues with rubbing on the heel, which I solved by tightening the cord. However, tightening the cord made it dig into the top of my foot. I think it could have been how much my feet were sweating.

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

It seems to depend a lot on the individual. Mine have never given me blisters, even in marathons. Just a little abrasion under the strap if it's too tight (on the Sprints). But some people complain about the back rubbing on their achiles. By the way, if you just got them and you're already running 2.5 miles, that could be the problem. My first run in FiveFingers was about 100 yards. Take it slow.
          Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
            I ran in them a couple times earlier that week. I didn't notice that there were some seams. It was definitely the seams that caused the blisters.

I'd say it's a sign of ramping up too fast. I got blisters last summer when I was rushing things. Since starting running again in January and running more cautiously I haven't gotten any blisters but have slowly built up a few calluses. It's where the seems are on some of the toes for me as well.
              Relax, Relax, Relax
                One thing I did find in the sprints, if you get them a bit muddy during a run around the top strap, then the strap dries while you are running, it is the equivalent of installing rough sandpaper directly onto the top of your foot. The slightest movement will give you horizontal cuts into the top of your foot. So, the motto seems to be, if you get your feet wet, keep them wet (I've had no problem running 5 miles in the pouring rain w/them). Ouch. Good luck with the blisters. I've had the pad of my foot get a little tender, but no blisters. The only thing I've gotten blisters from is running barefoot on the treadmill.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

Certainly Something...

I'd say it's a sign of ramping up too fast. I got blisters last summer when I was rushing things. Since starting running again in January and running more cautiously I haven't gotten any blisters but have slowly built up a few calluses. It's where the seems are on some of the toes for me as well.
                  I just posted another thread about this, but I just have callouses from years of running around in loose shoes which because of placement are now rubbing off in my vibrams. So I think some people may just have to keep at it until they stop getting the blisters. I've been moving pretty slow on vibrams. Well till this week.