Barefoot Runners

barefoot Seafair Triathlon (Read 4 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I got to celebrate my tenth year of  annual triathlons at the 1987 Ironman Hawaii with meeting up with then 57-yo Sister Madonna Buder at the 18 mile mark in the finale marathon (after 2.4 miles swimming  / 112 miles cycling).  Thus, it was a double delight to get to enjoy my triathlon 40th anniversary at this year’s Seattle Seafair Triathlon I’ve done off-and-on since 1990 but this time with now 88-yo Sister Madonna too.  I’m a poor swimming <<<(terrible with several DGL's and one swim DQ)>>> but wetsuitless swimming and, since 2002, adding barefoot cycling to the barefoot running I’ve been doing since 1990 make for fast, if not fastest, transition times.  Try it. You’ll like it.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

rmcj001

Congratulations! Nicely done!

On a side note: The image you tried to include in your post appears to be password protected. It needs to be opened to the world for us to view it.

Ray

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks.

I've got another barefoot triathlon coming up in two weeks so will try to figure out posting pics.  You used to be able to copy and paste from most anywhere.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)