Barefoot Runners

Running my first 1/2 marathon... in my Vibrams (Read 406 times)

Hey all!

I much more of a lurker around here but wanted to let everyone know that I am going to run my first 1/2 marathon in my trusty Vibram KSO's this Sunday.  Not expecting much except a finish (which I guess will be a PR). 

I have been going the VFF route for the last 6 months or so and the longest run I have had in them has been just about 12 miles (and I felt great on that run but should have put Glide on, ouch).  I am working my way up to  a full marathon this December (the CIM) with a goal of an ultra next year.

Wish me luck and I will let y'all know how it turns out!

-Jason

Queen of 3rd Place

Very cool, have fun!

Ex runner

pitrunner

Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Just got back from the 1/2 marathon and it went awesome! 

Feet felt great the entire time and were just a little sore on the soles afterwords. One tiny blister but it is going away as I type.

I ran it with my wife and we paced each other so I didn't try and overdo it on the speed.  Also, anytime during the run when I started to get any sort of discomfort I just listened to my body, relaxed and went back to running silent (I noticed that when I couldn't hear my own footfalls that things felt the best).

Now to take a day off and then slowly work up to the marathon in December...

Thanks for the well wishes!

-J