Barefoot Runners

Vibram Five Finger Fakes... (Read 1572 times)

FYI folks... It is my understanding that there are several, on-line companies that are selling Vibram Five Finger products that are fake knock-offs... These shoes (of course) are being made in China... Here is the origin of some of these fakes-Buyer beware!

vibramofficial.com

vibramfivefingersstore.com

vibram-five-fingers.cc

tefta.lot.my

dhgate.com

handbagsboots.com

<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy" />

"Experience is not what happens to you, but what you do with what happens to you."

Half Fanatic #846

I only had time to look at the first two, but...

$89-$137 ??

Poor English...

Zoom-ins of trademarks to prove legitimacy ??   (I've never seen that before)

Weight: "0"   (those are the ones I want)

No access to a Legal Section or "About Us"

WOW!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

I only had time to look at the first two, but...

$89-$137 ??

Poor English...

Zoom-ins of trademarks to prove legitimacy ??   (I've never seen that before)

Weight: "0"   (those are the ones I want)

No access to a Legal Section or "About Us"

WOW!

Have you looked at online prices for VFFs lately? It is ridiculous.

Supply and demand I guess-High demand low supply = China is there to "save the day."  I am anxiously awaiting to get the new, "Bikila" VFF's. The last thing I heard on this new product was that they would be avail. late April with a price tag of around $100. Guess we will see...<input type="hidden" id="gwProxy" />

"Experience is not what happens to you, but what you do with what happens to you."
            Hey wanted to let ya'll know that I made the mistake but hopefully caught it before getting ripped off with some knock off.

www.vibramfivevingersonsale.com

Luckily I went through paypal and they are trying to get me my money back.  If not I guess that I will just chalk it up to my own stupidity.

2009 Goals...:
            -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
              I tried on the Bikilas at the Boston Expo and I didn't like them at all.  Real barefoot is where it's at!

This is why I run

Just picked up my Bikila's today at City Sports in D.C.  Ordered on line and delivered to store.  They were $98 + tax.  I've just started the whole barefoot/VFF thing myself so I haven't run in them yet.  Right now, just running BF on the treadmill to get my feet used to it before I head out to the road or trail.  And speaking of fakes...there are a bunch of them on ebay.  They run about $50-65 US and from what I've read from customer feedback of the seller, people are pretty happy with them.  They're call MUPUK....
                Clydesdales shouldn't run in Five Fingers!
                  My sister almost got taken by www.vibramfive-fingers.com.  They turned out to be a Chinese outfit that wasn't legit...

This link has lots of good info about the fake VFF sites.  The fake sites are even being listed as sponsored results on Google searches.  CRAZY!

http://birthdayshoes.com/knock-off-toe-shoes-update-on-counterfeit-fake-five-fingers