Barefoot Runners

Pain in foot is gone when walking barefoot (Read 300 times)

Since 10 days I have a strange pain in my right foot. It seems completely unrelated to running, since it started two days after my previous run. But I did not run during a few days (monday-saturday) because I didn't want to aggravate it. On saturday, the pain seemed less, and it is only now that I realise that on saturday I had been wearing flat shoes, and shoes with a small heel the previous days. So I ran again during the weekend (with running shoes, I haven't started running barefoot yet), and it didn't hurt at all. But from monday on, pain was back there, and during the past two days I wasn't able to wear my shoes with the highest heel (still < 2''). this morning, while sitting in my office, i suddenly asked myself how it would be to walk barefoot. and indeed... no pain at all... of course it isn't possible to stay barefoot at the office the whole day, but at least at home i think i won't be wearing shoes or slippers anymore. 2'').="" this="" morning,="" while="" sitting="" in="" my="" office,="" i="" suddenly="" asked="" myself="" how="" it="" would="" be="" to="" walk="" barefoot.="" and="" indeed...="" no="" pain="" at="" all...="" of="" course="" it="" isn't="" possible="" to="" stay="" barefoot="" at="" the="" office="" the="" whole="" day,="" but="" at="" least="" at="" home="" i="" think="" i="" won't="" be="" wearing="" shoes="" or="" slippers=""></ 2''). this morning, while sitting in my office, i suddenly asked myself how it would be to walk barefoot. and indeed... no pain at all... of course it isn't possible to stay barefoot at the office the whole day, but at least at home i think i won't be wearing shoes or slippers anymore.>

Running in Belgium
    Ann

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Yup, many people have found the same thing. Shoes you wear during the day can definitely cause trouble with your running. Even though you can't go barefoot at work, there are some shoes that are much better than others. Heels really are pretty terrible -- and I include most typical men's shoes in that category too. Anything that puts your heel higher than your toes. Check out Earth Shoes for example. They look pretty normal, but have a negative heel. Another brand I've tried on is Sanuk. Some of them are weirder-looking, but they're perfectly flat. They're basically sandals disguised as shoes. I would love to find a soft moccasin that looks like a reasonably normal shoe.
      Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
      Rudolf

I created few pairs of negative heels shoes, simply taking the sharp knife and cutting off all the material from the heel section. If You choose right type of shoes - colour etc nobody would notice anything in the office. Further I found that walking in such neg heel shoes is mimicking the technology swiss massai which is selling extremely expensive shoes. I am getting exactly the same results as reported by articles on massai websites, strech and strenght in achiles-calves, hams and glutes different spine posture and changes in lower back. I use it each morning to actualy stretch and get ready for the training session so do first easy 2km walk in neg heel shoes.
          After walking around barefoot during the whole weekend, I don't feel the slichtest pain anymore (untill I tried on one particular pair of shoes this morning before going to work, and after only one minute it started hurting again. I changed shoes, and so far, everything is OK.) The discision is made: no more shoes, slippers or what else when I'm home, and during the winter I'll try to go outside in the garden barefoot once in a while. In spring I'll start trying to run barefoot.... Oh yes, and it won't make us so angry anymore when our son (age 11) goes on loosing his shoes because he prefers walking barefoot.

Running in Belgium
          Ann

I would love to find a soft moccasin that looks like a reasonably normal shoe.
            One of my friends found some and that's what he wears to work every day.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)