Barefoot Runners

Huaraches and running sandal kits (Read 520 times)

Huaraches Maker

I hope I'm not violating a rule I couldn't find by letting people know about my site for huaraches running sandals at www.InvisibleShoe.com

I've put up a series of videos about how to make huaraches, including a cool "slip-on" method of tying them that's more secure (and less dorky) than the "toga style." And I'm also selling kits and custom made sandals using the Vibram 4mm Cherry Sole (VERY barefoot-ish) and stylish laces, staring at $19.95.

Thanks,

Steven

I hope I'm not violating a rule I couldn't find by letting people know about my site for huaraches running sandals at www.InvisibleShoe.com

I've put up a series of videos about how to make huaraches, including a cool "slip-on" method of tying them that's more secure (and less dorky) than the "toga style." And I'm also selling kits and custom made sandals using the Vibram 4mm Cherry Sole (VERY barefoot-ish) and stylish laces, staring at $19.95.

Thanks,

Steven

Seems legit to me, thanks for the info and the videos. I think as long as it's not annoying, but informative, it's all good.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

Running in Socks

Cool site.  Thanks for the info on how to make them yourself.  With snow in the forecast this weekend, I'm seriously considering a pair of these for my Sunday run.

Huaraches Maker

We had a run it 18-degree weather with frozen ground and the huaraches were quite a help.

In fact, this run was part of a TV feature on barefoot running on KDVR TV... here's a fun clip about minimalist shoes, including my AWESOME Mel Gibson impression at the end ;-)

Minimalist Running Shoes for "barefoot running"

Running in Socks

That looked like it was pretty fun.  Is that the same Michael who has been advocating/debating barefoot running in the newspapers out there?  I've enjoyed following it a little bit, and I think the barefoot arguments have been quite a bit more thoughtful than the pro-shoes arguments.

About the huaraches.  I made a few pair for my marathon this weekend.  I don't know how long they'll last though.  I haven't been able to get a leather hole punch (I ordered one, but it won't be here in time for the run), so I used a nail.  I'm anticipating some tearing, so I made a few pair.

I think it's great that you've posted directions on how to make these.  I work with kids at an after school program, and when the weather gets warmer, I'm going to try to teach them how to make huaraches, and I'll be able to throw in some culture for them as well.  Really nice work.  I appreciate the information!

Professional Antagonist

Steven, thanks for posting this here!  Your site does have a ton of great information.  Thanks for your presence in the barefoot community.

And thanks for apparently putting a little fear in the Boulder Running Company... their recent Facebook post was laughable.

Barefoot Running University- Jason's barefoot running site

Running in Socks

My homemade huaraches lasted the whole 26.2 miles this morning!

I had some issues with the front of the sandal, but it was a pretty fun run.  I'm really excited that I have a way to run shoeless in cold temperatures now!