Barefoot Runners

So I went treadmill shoping today (Read 256 times)

and the sales person could absolutely not understand why I wanted one with a firmer feel.  Come on your joints need the cushion he said. 
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Shop somewhere else - sales reps should be both knowledgeable and able to bend to the customer's idea of what's best.  Either way - you need a different rep.

Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

Half Fanatic #846

I found it useful to get one with a built-in 2 speed fan, and the next one I get will have a 2 speed fan AND an adjustable running platform (soft-med-harder).   

When the fan broke (after 4 years) I attached a 6" clip-on fan that works great, but it had to have a 2" clip opening to fit on the TM.

Good luck in your search!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Can you get an adjustable platform for less than $2,000?  Or am I just using crazy talk here.

Half Fanatic #846

Can you get an adjustable platform for less than $2,000?  Or am I just using crazy talk here.

Check out ProForm.com - I noticed at least 3 models with "Adjustable Cushioning" from $650 (half off) to $1700.

The models were: PFTL97908, PFTL12008, and PFTL16008. I don't know if "Adjustable Cushioning" is a sales gimmick or if it really is useful. And, any other major brand probably has some models with this feature. I just happen to have a less expensive ProForm and an happy with it. Plus I ordered it online and got free shipping to the house.

BTW, I've noticed at the gym at my work, all 5 TMs have a rather "stiff ride", but they are commercial grade and fairly expensive.  I have seen a site where they sell refurbished commercial 'mills, but I can't recall the name...

Also - I'm not certain but maybe Sears sells several different brands of treadmill??? Just trying to give you some ideas. 

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Also - I'm not certain but maybe Sears sells several different brands of treadmill??? Just trying to give you some ideas. 

Don't buy a treadmill from Sears.  No matter what the quality, their customer service after the sale is absolute crap so if anything breaks and you need service done you'll be sorry you did business with them.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I got a Nordic Track 2350 a couple of weeks ago  (GULP from Sears)....

It was around $700+ and is pretty smooth......it does have adjustable cushioning and I read some reviews about it before I bought it and they were all pretty good.............

Give it a look....

http://www.treadmilladviser.com/nordic-track-a2350-treadmill.html

Champions are made when no one is watching