Barefoot Runners

Barefoot Progress (Read 292 times)

I haven't really been running barefoot, but I have been waking around the house and yard almost exclusively barefoot now for the past couple of months......and done a couple of .25 or .40 runs barefoot.

Today after my 5 mile (normal easy run), I took off my shoes and took a .50 mile run and it felt better than before.   I was just a 'tiny' bit faster (then last barefoot run) and on some of the rough concrete that scratched the bottoms of my feet last time, today I didn't really notice it much....   I also ran my barefoot run at approx. 11:20 per mile and when you consider that I ran my normal 5 miles today at 10:50 per mile, it wasn't that much of a difference...

I'm beginning to think I can actually do this......

While running barefoot a big 16 wheeler came driving by --- should have seen the look on the driver's face......

I swear, I almost laughed out loud.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

C-R

Sounds like progress John. I still haven't tried this on our roads. Soon hopefully. I ran a little over 3 miles barefoot on the beach last week. No stares or comments and the hard pack sand felt great. Another benefit was tracing my steps (out and back) and seeing my footprints. If I knew what I was doing that may have even been helpful in analyzing my gait.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

My progress -- I've been taking BF walks in the evenings for a few weeks, increasing the distance each night. Man my feet are weak and tender!  Surprisingly, the tenderness is improving faster than the strength issue, imo.  Last night I threw in a few short periods running, probably not more than 200 meters total.  On one of my runs this week, I took off (and carried) my shoes the last 6 blocks. 

I can't wait to get stronger and tougher.  I know I can, because I have the memory of my BF childhood. 

VFFs are on order too.