Barefoot Runners

Santa brought me FFs... (Read 237 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Oddly, I found it *harder* to run in the FFs than totally barefoot...BUT, my FF run was on a dreadmill, my BR runs have been on concrete or asphalt. So...I'll try them on the sidewalk, but I suspect it's back to BF for now...at least after my marathon next Sunday... Arla

Ex runner

Half Fanatic #846

Oddly, I found it *harder* to run in the FFs than totally barefoot...BUT, my FF run was on a dreadmill, my BR runs have been on concrete or asphalt.
      Just curious, but what was harder about it, or do you think it just takes getting used to them? Confused I don't have any yet - mainly because I've got a significant foot length discrepancy (over an inch), and as I recall, the manufacturer says FF won't fit if you have a discrepancy of more than about 1/4 inch - or at least a lot less than I have! I've been trying to think of a material I could stuff in the toes for the shorter foot that might work, but really haven't come up with anything viable. It's still tempting to try them...hey - maybe "silly putty" would work - that would be light and form fitting material! BTW, what model did you get? Bill Smile

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

C-R

I'm interested in your take as well. I've only run with my FF and barefoot on the treadmill and I enjoy barefoot more but can't put in the distances yet (only 1.5 miles max so far). I've run 8 in my FF with no problem.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Queen of 3rd Place

It's hard to explain - I felt like I couldn't get into the groove with the FFs. When I've been BF it seems like after maybe 30 sec or so my body starts to figure it out on its own. I think I need more (as in weeks and months) more practice BF before it becomes ingrained enough to do with FFs or flats. I realize that's a very fuzzy, subjective description and might not make a lot of sense. Oh, I got the classics. I was worried about them staying on but it's no problem. Arla

Ex runner

C-R

Right after I posted this I went to our local indoor track and ran a 10k in my FF. I think I get part of it now. Much difference between treadmill and road/track running in FF. Can't wait for the weather to get better in a few months to try BF on the outdoor track (must wear shoes on the indoor one). BTW - you should have seen the looks I received in my FF at the track. Classic stuff. PPS - mine are classics as well and I have no issues keeping them on my feet.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Half Fanatic #846

PPS - mine are classics as well and I have no issues keeping them on my feet.
              That's what I was thinking of getting also. BTW, I think Ed4 has over 1,000 miles on his FFs - so apparently they wear well! Cool MTA: Yep, he's got 1015 miles logged on 'em...

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Queen of 3rd Place

Oh, I didn't know he wore them that much! I guess after the bf learning curve ?? Arla

Ex runner