Barefoot Runners

Ed - thanks! (Read 237 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey, Ed4. A good while ago, you wrote that you knew of people who had had a Morton's Neuroma cured by running barefoot. I thought you were nuts. Wink Since I've been having trouble getting mine resolved, however, I've tried some forefoot and now barefoot running, and I have to say I encounter significantly less pain with this method of landing than my traditional heel-striking. I don't know if I'll stick with it once I heal up, but for now barefoot running is definitely better for me! Thanks for the wisdom and the idea!

Roads were made for journeys...

Hey, Ed4. A good while ago, you wrote that you knew of people who had had a Morton's Neuroma cured by running barefoot. I thought you were nuts. Wink Since I've been having trouble getting mine resolved, however, I've tried some forefoot and now barefoot running, and I have to say I encounter significantly less pain with this method of landing than my traditional heel-striking. I don't know if I'll stick with it once I heal up, but for now barefoot running is definitely better for me! Thanks for the wisdom and the idea!
      Really? I think I'm getting it FROM running BF Confused I must be doing something wrong. Do you have any links with decent info on it? Maybe I have something else.
      Wingz

Professional Noob

I'm sorry, I don't. Perhaps it was the change that's doing me good. So we have at least one data point that says "yes" and one that says "no." Sounds pretty normal to me. Wink What kind of symptoms are you having?

Roads were made for journeys...

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Glad to help, but I'm just passing on what I've learned from others. You can go right to the source at the Yahoo Barefoot Running Group.
          Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
            What kind of symptoms are you having?
            It's a minor Pain under the toe next to my big toe. (I don't know the proper order for toe counting so it's either the 2nd or 4th toe) Haven't done much BF running lately and It's been getting better. Actually it never was bad enough for me to stop running more than a day or so. I'm still a big fan of BF running and plan to keep trying it. I used to have problems w/PF but it's been cured due to BF running.