Barefoot Runners

International Barefoot Running Day (May 5th, 2013) (Read 21 times)

May 5th is international barefoot running day. There are a number of races around the world where folks are congregating to run together.

Check out thebarefootrunners.org for a listing.

I'll be in Ann Arbor, MI running in the burns park run, albeit not quite barefoot. This is a great opportunity for folks to meet likeminded individuals I think. If you are going to the Ann Arbor race, please send me a message and I'll be sure to say hello!

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

Half Fanatic #846

Thanks for posting that.  Maybe I'll be able to make one of the Georgia locations (from N. Fa.).  Had to miss the one held in my hometown last year. Sad

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It's Marathon Day for me.  Not doing it BF; in VFFs.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I think it's the spirit of the day, more than the actual footwear (or lack thereof) that is important. Good luck on your VFF marathon!

wanderingoutlaw

I got rained out from doing any (solo) running on IBRD.  At least I ran the day before and the day after.  Hope everyone else had better weather and had the opportunity to run with a barefoot/minimalist group.

John

Bummer on the rain. Here in Ann Arbor, we had a beautiful sunny day with large turn out of folks running a 5k and 10k barefoot, or with very little footwear.