Barefoot Runners

Born to Run by Chris McDougall (Read 503 times)

Just stumbled on this Barefoot Runners group.........I'll be taking a look around.

I just got back from a week vacation during which I read Born to Run by Chris McDougall.  I did a search here on RA and found some references to this book, but not as many as I would have expected.  Anyway, it has inspired me to try barefoot running as a part of my regular regime.  If you all haven't had a chance to read it, I think it was a great story and makes me realize what a true slug I am........and what amazing runners there are out there.

Anyway, I just thought I would put a plug out there for what I thought was a decent read.......

Cheers everyone!

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

Professional Antagonist

I thought it was a great book!   It has done wonders for barefoot running... we have never had so much interest.  We're borderline D-list celebs now! 

Barefoot Running University- Jason's barefoot running site

I thought it was a great book!   It has done wonders for barefoot running... we have never had so much interest.  We're borderline D-list celebs now! 

Agreed. I've read it twice now, and both times have gotten something different out of the book. I think I would recommend it above "Once a runner" for people who are interested in runner. I think it gives them better reasons to continue/start their training -- it is also easier to identify with.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

DrNirenberg

I think this is the most important book to advance interest and future research in barefoot running. For more read my full thoughts on this - http://www.americaspodiatrist.com/2009/12/2009-year-of-the-barefoot-runner/