Barefoot Runners

Barefoot mentors? (Read 274 times)

Professional Antagonist

I had this idea for awhile.  The premise is simple- we make a list of barefoot runners that are comfortable answering basic questions and providing some guidance.  I see it as a precursor to eventually allowing groups to organize barefoot clubs locally.  Anyway, if you are interested in 'volunteering" as a barefoot mentor, I will add you to the list.  I'd like the mentors to meet the following requirements:

• Have been successfully running barefoot or minimalist running for at least six months (or so... if you feel comfortable with barefoot running, that's good enough)
    • Willing to answer questions,
    • Be willing to help people that are only interested in BFR/MR part-time (many newbies just want some of the benefits and aren't willing to fully commit),
    • Friendly (we need good ambassadors),
    • Have a website or blog where you can occasionally write about your BFR/MR experiences.  The sharing of what you are learning is a critical component of this idea.  If you don't have a blog, they are very easy to set up.

This is the site where the list is being compiled: http://barefootrunninguniversity.com/mentors.html

If you are interested, email me at robillardj "at" gmail "dot" com.

Barefoot Running University- Jason's barefoot running site