Barefoot Runners

barefoot walking? (Read 336 times)

Rafi

I started running about 16 months ago. At the time I trained for what was to be my first marathon, which I ran in January 2009. This year, I could not train for the marathon as I was experiencing a lot of pain (I ran shorter races from 10km to half marathons).

I have been researching the issue and decided to make the jump to Vibram FiveFingers and start running "barefoot. I have not yet started, as I am waiting for my order to arrive.

I am wondering though what barefoot runners do most of the day when walking around - going to work, walking around the neighborhood, daily life, etc. when not running.

Do barefoot runners wear regular shoes? I have orthotics - should I stop using them? should I get a different type of shoe to wear during the day when not running or continue to use my regular shoes?

Thanks

Rafi

I've never had orthotics or anything like that, however I am barefoot as much as I can be.

I work from home, so this isn't overly difficult. The only shoes I've really put on in many months are boot, for shoveling snow.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com