On the Bench

Prepping for Surgery (Read 149 times)

Dog-Love

I have less than a week before they cut my knee open and I am trying to get some slow runs in but man does my knee hurt an hour after I am back. I am so looking forward to running without pain!!! Of course I am turning 50 soon so perhaps pain is a given. I sure as hell hope not! Plus I am the lead runner for the kids 4H running group that start in mid april and its hard to imagine that I will be able to do that. Lots to worry about. I have plans for a 10 mile week next week and we shall see how everything holds out.
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Finished!

I have less than a week before they cut my knee open and I am trying to get some slow runs in but man does my knee hurt an hour after I am back. I am so looking forward to running without pain!!! Of course I am turning 50 soon so perhaps pain is a given. I sure as hell hope not! Plus I am the lead runner for the kids 4H running group that start in mid april and its hard to imagine that I will be able to do that. Lots to worry about. I have plans for a 10 mile week next week and we shall see how everything holds out.
      Best of luck with the surgery - I'm amazed you're still running even with all that pain!
      Walk + Jog = wog.
      I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
      I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry

Dog-Love

My doctor said I can run as long as it doesn't hurt. And it typically only hurts after the run and I have slowed down. I am kind of addicted and find it very difficult to stop those Monday runs. But today I am saying no
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          Good luck with your surgery.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Dog-Love

Thanks a lot you guys. They took blood today and I nearly passed out! What a wuss! Tomorrow morning it is and if I can get a real cool picture of the surgery I will post it. Today I learned how to walk up and down stairs on crutches. Yippee.
              good luck!!

My dogs are fast, not me

Good luck!! I'm finding crutches to be a huge pain in the butt (well, arm pits, really). Hope your surgery goes well and you're back on your feet in no time. Robin

Robin

How did the surgery go? Hope you are not in too much pain. Good luck with your recovery. You are brave taking on the kids 4H running group!!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group