On the Bench

Crutches (Read 129 times)

I would just like to whine about how awful being on crutches is. And the weirdest thing - I dont feel any different than I did a week ago, I just have an MRI which says I should be on them. (NB, I do not disagree with the results which are consistent with the clinical picture and the treatment, which is consistent with everything I have read, I am just bitter.)
      I feel your pain. I was on them for 6 weeks including flying home by myself on them for xmas and having to travel to a conference. The simplest things you take for granted like being able to grocery shop are suddenly impossible. Luckily I have a desk job, I can't imagine how tough it must be for you to be on your feet (not to mention trying to LEARN!) all day.
        Don't blame you - I would hate to be on crutches. How long do you have to use them for?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Abigail, you got my sympathies. It sucks to be on crutches, but on the bright side, you know you'll be off of them soon enough. Just look forward to the days when you'll be running in the rain, in the mud, and through icy streets. Smile
            Abigail, you got my sympathies. It sucks to be on crutches, but on the bright side, you know you'll be off of them soon enough. Just look forward to the days when you'll be running in the rain, in the mud, and through icy streets. Smile
            Icy streets? I was hoping to be off of them before I get icy streets!!! (Not much ice here, so that would be at least another year and a half. Tongue ) Best case scenario is 2-3 weeks. (I am almost at 1). Worst case is ridiculously long. It just depends on how it heals and how it feels - basically when I can walk pain free, I can ditch the crutches. Then I can do laundry on my own. We'll see how my ob-gyn exam goes tomorrow - I have done so little studying recently and I am so exhausted! And I have only "participated" in one long surgery this week!
            Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I wasn't saying that it'll take you that long to heal. I'm just saying that you can look forward to all those cruddy running conditions once you're healed. I know how much I hate getting my shoes covered in mud, and then have to stand outside in the pouring rain to rinse them out afterwards. Lovely.
                I wasn't saying that it'll take you that long to heal. I'm just saying that you can look forward to all those cruddy running conditions once you're healed. I know how much I hate getting my shoes covered in mud, and then have to stand outside in the pouring rain to rinse them out afterwards. Lovely.
                Big grin Clowning around Tongue You're right - that sounds wonderful! (And it could be until there is ice on streets in parts of the country that actually get ice before I am actually doing any real runs....hopefully not, though!!!)