On the Bench

Todays run was.... (Read 206 times)

Now that was a bath...

Brilliant. Doubled the distance to 2.6 miles and had no issues of pain or weakness at all. I really feel like the end is in sight. This is so exciting! I am still going to run on alternate days and I will keep the distances short until I have regained my fitness. Most importantly though I am going to listen to my body. I stopped at the halfway point to evaluate how my leg was doing and was fine to continue. I think that I need to really carefully monitor my body's progress. I feel like I am running again. Oh, that's right - I am! Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
      Claire, this is WONDERFUL!!! I can only imagine how you're feeling right now!! Finally, huh?
      Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Brilliant! That's very encouraging news. Good to hear that some of us are getting better. You have to promise me that you'll come back occasionally and whine about something Big grin
          Really happy for you, Claire - we'll miss you OTB. With you and Eric leaving - it's going to get awfully quiet in here...

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Really happy for you, Claire - we'll miss you OTB. With you and Eric leaving - it's going to get awfully quiet in here...
            Not to worry. I'll be here for a long while... My butt is still glued to the bench, and I haven't a crowbar around.

Finished!

yay Claire! I only hope I can start up again soon! Smile you guys running gives the rest of us hope Big grin
              Walk + Jog = wog.
              I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
              I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry

Now that was a bath...

Well today went even better. Managed 3.4 miles at a reasonable pace and even chucked in an incline and a kick at the end. Leg still feeling 100%. It was a great morning because I got beeped at three times too, lol. I think it was the shorts. I don't usually run in shorts. I'm keeping my finger's crossed that this continues. I'm still going to run alternate days despite the temptation to get out there all the time. Not quite off the bench completely but I am feeling positive! Claire xxx
              • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
              • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Yay Claire!