On the Bench

Biking (Read 175 times)

Alright. I'm tired of trying to do test jogs down the driveway and hurting. I think I might take the bike out and see how that goes. I'll probably add crotch pain to my list! LOL It's so darned nice out and now the sun's popped out. It's bad enough when you can't get out and run but when the weather's nice, what a tease, isn't it?
      Sounds great - it will feel really good to be outside and moving! The weather here is sunny, but cold and still somewhat icy. I'll be looking at bikes next week. The roads aren't clear enough yet - but I still have 3 more weeks before I can bike. I am going to start rowing, though Evil grin Enjoy your ride Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

Now that was a bath...

I hear you on the crotch pain! I only cross trained once. Used the exercise bike at the physio gym. Ouch. Good luck with the bike! Claire xxx
      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
          Well, it was a great ride! It's only been about 12 yrs since my bike has seen the pavement! Isn't that pathetic? I'm not walking like John Wayne though. Since it was too cold for my biking shorts, and they wouldn't fit over my running tights, I decided to (close your eyes guys) wear a really thick pad while biking. Worked wonderfully! Next time I'm thinking maybe I"ll stick about 3 of 'em across my butt too! Very comfy. Big grin Cheryl, bike shopping- that's exciting! Do you know what you want to buy yet? Have fun rowing too. That's such a great workout!!
            The rowing didn't go as well as I hoped - only did 500 meters - too much ankle flexion. I didn't have any pain - but I could tell it wasn't a good idea right now. I'll try again at the 6 week mark. The bike shopping will be fun - have no idea what kind, but have decided to buy locally so I can have the support of the local shop. I am going to take my time, I have a feeling this is going to turn into an investment of sorts Wink

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

The rowing didn't go as well as I hoped - only did 500 meters - too much ankle flexion. I didn't have any pain - but I could tell it wasn't a good idea right now. I'll try again at the 6 week mark.
              It's probably a good thing that you stopped before any problems began. You know your body the best. Sorry that you had to cut it short. Have fun choosing a bike. It'll be fun especially since you're not in a hurry. Have you biked much in the past?
                Did some during last year's rehab - but I am planning on making it a regular part of my training now. The bike I was using was 10 years old - just a cheap bike and the gear belt kept slipping even 'tho I had it repaired. I plan on working up to some serious miles on the bike. I have a friend who is into Tri's and she keeps trying to talk me into doing one - maybe I'll take swim lessons if recovery takes longer than anticipated Wink

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group

I am planning on making it a regular part of my training now. I have a friend who is into Tri's and she keeps trying to talk me into doing one - maybe I'll take swim lessons if recovery takes longer than anticipated Wink
                  I think doing a biathalon would be so much fun. I wouldn't make it through the swimming part of a tri though! I'd be in first place for drowning. Tongue Even if you don't need the extra recovery time (crossing fingers), maybe it'd be fun to take the swim lessons anyway. Boy, if you added biking and swimming to your list, you'll be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Big grin Actually, after yesterday, I can also see myself biking more regularly. They have a lot of adventure racing around here, even for beginners. I've been interested, but it'd be quite awhile before I could tackle that. Definately would do it though, once I was able to! The orienteering skills would be a great bonus too!