On the Bench

Advise on the foot please (Read 155 times)

I ran my long group training run and developed pain in my left I T Band. After the run at home my RIGHT foot at the instep just right of center started to hurt. This morning it still does but not as bad. Any ideas out there?

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Hi Gregg - IT is a stabilizer and the fact that your L band hurt followed by your R foot, makes me wonder if your L side was trying to compensate for something biomechanical that your R foot was doing? Do you have problems with overpronating? Did you have to work harder to "balance" during your run? Did your muscles feel more fatigued than usual during your long run? Maybe this article will help you out. Smile Runners guide to ITBS

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

Well I got stupid and ignored a small (as in pinhead sized) rock in my left shoe for about a mile. I have had knee pain before but not like this. Our Training Director showed me some I T stretches to improve that knee. And thanks for the link. I have 68 days to my HM. Our Trainer says I'll make it. Sometimes I wonder

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

OK I took yesterday off and the knee was not a poblem. This morning I have a pain that comes and goes right above the knee. Different problem? Or??????????????????

IT can hurt there too, but I would think you would notice it more when you run. Maybe just a little residual fatigue from your last training run? Hope it clears up quickly

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

You and me both!!! I really think it is due to the ham being weaker than the thigh. My ham takes a few days to get over a run. So I have some work to do. May 5 is coming at light speed