On the Bench

1st week post surgery (Read 124 times)

Dog-Love

Well the crutches are gone...I can't really walk well but can put weight on my right leg. They say no runninng for 6 weeks and that is definately realistic as I could not even picture walking fast. There is not really any pain which is great although it is hard physically to flex the quads. I am supposed to wait a week before trying the motions of bike riding. Definately realistic since I can bend my knee but I cannot force a pedal down against resistence. Constipation is over (thank you very much) those pain killers are great for the first days but the side effects are brutal. Mostly I feel good and am eager to see how each day improves
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      Hi Sherry, glad to hear you are feeling better. When do you start PT?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

It sounds like you are making great progress in your recovery. I'm glad you are starting to feel better!

Dog-Love

I am supposed to be doing some exercises now and I am doing those. Leg lifts quad flexes ankle turns etc. Next week I can start x-training a bit and then if I want formal PT I will talk to my doctor on Monday. Just bandaids on the stitcehd up holes. Amazing technology!
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Dog-Love

OK.. now I can walk up and down stairs normally and my right quad is feeling normal. I am going to start biking (slowly) tomorrow and work really hard NOT to run even when it feels like I can. My goal is to be Off the Bench on March 28.