On the Bench

Call me superstitious (Read 344 times)

But I finally worked up the nerve to leave this group last week (too many groups, cleaning up in the new year, and I've been feeling good for a few months). Since then my foot has bothered me more than it has since May. First the old pains along the lateral part, and now a new pain along the first metatarsel above the arch. I was worried that if I left I would get injured, and whle I don't think anything is wrong yet, I don't want to risk staying away and not being able to run the marathon due to a severe injury. Could this be all in my head?... yes Do I feel bad for complaining when Kooky and Cheryl are dealing with injuries still?.... YES But I'm not going to jinx it more with the marathon in 2 weeks, so I'm joining up again. I've been on my feet a lot the past 3 weeks, and wearing some not-so-good-for-you-heels, so I'm sure I just aggrevated it again. I'm cutting back in mileage now and going to try to stay off the foot as much as possible. Anyways, thanks for taking me back. Abby, I was so glad to hear that you are offically stress fracture free!
      ((((((Shaunna))))))) - please don't feel bad for complaining - which you aren't - you are just voicing justified concerns. I hope that joining up again brings you luck. Taper might be all that you need to be in shape for the marathon - you have been doing awesome with your training! I would definitely lose the heels and get into comfortable shoes though! Keeping my fingers crossed that these pains resolve quickly Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

But I finally worked up the nerve to leave this group last week (too many groups, cleaning up in the new year, and I've been feeling good for a few months). Since then my foot has bothered me more than it has since May. First the old pains along the lateral part, and now a new pain along the first metatarsel above the arch. I was worried that if I left I would get injured, and whle I don't think anything is wrong yet, I don't want to risk staying away and not being able to run the marathon due to a severe injury. Could this be all in my head?... yes Do I feel bad for complaining when Kooky and Cheryl are dealing with injuries still?.... YES But I'm not going to jinx it more with the marathon in 2 weeks, so I'm joining up again. I've been on my feet a lot the past 3 weeks, and wearing some not-so-good-for-you-heels, so I'm sure I just aggrevated it again. I'm cutting back in mileage now and going to try to stay off the foot as much as possible. Anyways, thanks for taking me back. Abby, I was so glad to hear that you are offically stress fracture free!
        You so expressed my thoughts....I've been scared to leave the group even though my ankle is working and I'm running. Don't need the jinx factor. Then I feel weird telling ya'll that it is getting better and I'm starting to slowly increase my mileage. Thanks Shaunna for posting.....hope your running keeps improving.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble