On the Bench

Hello...hello...hello (Read 423 times)

Now that was a bath...

Is there an echo in here? It seems really empty, which I guess is a good thing. Just in case there are any newbies lurking, I am still on the bench for at least another two months so you do have company. Poke me on the main forums and give me a shout if you want someone to moan to. Hope no one else is here for a very long time. Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
    Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Hey Kooky! Technically I'm not on the bench anymore but this place is like my security blanket so I won't be leaving for a while. Please keep me posted your stress fracture healing process?
        Hey Claire! I haven't been here in a while, not because I haven't been on the bench, but because I haven't had time to look at my computer, let alone use it. But I'm still primarily on the bench (have been since post 25K in May). They have ruled out stress fractures (went down that road last year). I've also had an MRI & ruled out tendon, ligament, muscle tears, inflammation, etc. Basically, they found nothing but my R lower leg won't quit hurting! Not that I wanted them to find something, but a diagnosis would be nice! I start PT with the sports med/running/triathlete PT guru on Friday. I haven't been here much, but Kirsten keeps me updated on your condition, since I do talk to her damn near every day! Stress fractures suck! And the fact that yours are not healing is even suckier (is that a word?)! I'm thinking of you & hoping for faster healing for you!! Eryn
        So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3

Now that was a bath...

Thanks Eryn. You really realize how precious running is when you can't do it, don't you! I am holding my breath and praying that when I eventually return to running, this doesn't continue. It almost seems too good to be true that I could ever run without issue. After all, I have only ever ran for 6 weeks without issue - the rest has been with a serious injury! Good luck for friday. After 9 months of being treated by the same people in the same way - a new angle (from a sport's doctor) was what I needed to finally pinpoint the problem. I spent so much time researching on the internet about different leg problems, when all of that time I should have gone with my gut - which always told me that I had a serious stress fracture. Anyhow, I understand how busy life can be (rather tragically I actually have to get up 25 minutes early to use RA) but it would be fab to hear how Friday goes. Smile Claire xxx
            http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/a8f729c257aa4a019c907354433480d7 Here it is, Claire...my trip to the new PT. Your thoughts? Eryn
            So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
              Claire - I have been feeling really bad recently and partly responsible for your continued injury. I know I encouraged you to see a doctor, but at the same time I made you a running schedule. I just want to appologize and hope santa brought you lots of healing under your tree! And in the future, I will not make training schedules until the runner has a doctor's OK to run!!!

Now that was a bath...

Abby - sorry I am late to the table in seeing this but 'DO NOT FEEL BAD' in any way. A trained physiotherapist was instructing me to run and your program probably went a long way to preventing me pushing myself even harder and causing much more damage. Nobody had any reason to think that I shouldn't run. Not even me! I still liked your schedule and will be using it again in the future Smile Claire xxx
                  Claire - sorry this has been such a long road for you. I appreciate your reply. I feel better now that I remembered you were running anyway and being told it was fine to run... And to continue to hijak your thread: my stress fracture is officially healed. Of course, why my hip is still hurting me remains a mystery. But I will take good news when I get it.