On the Bench

I'm glimmering too! (Read 203 times)

Now that was a bath...

I just took a sneaky run. Leg feels 100%. I am quietly confident. Shhhhh, don't tell my phsyio. Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
    Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Sweet! That's good news! But please take it easy! Nothing sucks more than to find your leg hurting again a week later because you pushed a little too hard. Your secret is safe with me.
        That is very encouraging Claire!Ease back in slowly and keep being confident!
          Great news, Claire! Did your PT have you following any particular return to run program when you tried before? This site has good info - Pete Pfitzinger. My PT had me following a much less aggressive program than this last time. I had to start at W5R1 - but still I was able to progress pretty quickly through - I'm scared enough about this last injury that I will be slow progressing this time. At least that's how I feel now Wink

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

Oh **great** news! (I won't tell either! Just take it easy, ok?) Big grin

Now that was a bath...

Well it was about 1.3 miles on the grass track at a 10 minute mile pace, so it was definitely taking it easy. Cheryl, thanks for the link. I'll check it out now. My physio doesn't give me a program. She gives me instructions on each visit. To start with I am allowed one mile at slow pace. Then running on an alternate day schedule 2 miles, 3 miles etc. until I build back up to where I was before. This way, rather than following a program she modifies my schedule at the appointments. If I am doing well I get my distance increased, if I am not I get told to stop. The funny thing is that my rather brief and intense running life has only included 8 weeks running! I ran for 7 weeks and damaged my knee. Had almost 2 weeks off. Ran for 1.5 weeks, did the race - got injured had three months off! That's 14 weeks downtime for only 8 weeks running and I am still not back out there yet! I'm definitely taking it easy this time. I'll have to bury that ambition for a while and look at the bigger picture. Claire xxx
            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                I'm definitely taking it easy this time. I'll have to bury that ambition for a while and look at the bigger picture.
                Isn't it hard? It's like waiting to open the presents on Christmas Day when you're a kid!
                  Claire - just checked your log - wow! You are doing so great! I am jealous!! Also really happy for you too! Are you still going to have the MRI? I'd be curious to see what shows up. Smile Cheryl

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group