On the Bench

crutching the Komen (Read 210 times)

Well on Saturday with my leg in a walking cast and armed with my best friend and one crutch, I walked the Susan G. Komen-Race for the Cure. Blush My school where I teach had a team of about 20 members. My goal was to beat them! Isn't that awful. Well not the runners ofcourse. And I was sucessful. Random People were cheering me on and everything, I think I motivated some people as I passed them up. I finished the race in 49 minutes. My doctor would kill me! I didn't have any pain now or then, so I hope everything is still okay. My foot is starting to feel a tiny bit tingly...I hope that means the magic is coming and it starting to heal!!!!!
    Goals: Maintain 120 beat 5k time: 25:52 beat 10k time: 55:48 Complete one half-marathon-Jan. 10th

Finished!

LOL, congratulations on a wonderful "race" even though you did it on crutches!
      Walk + Jog = wog.
      I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
      I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
      Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Congrats on beating them! You can bet your doc will be dismayed because I don't think the tingling is a good thing. It could be an obstruction to the blood vessels or a nerve thing. You should hope it goes away.
          Congratulations! That was some determination.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group