Christian Runners

February/March 2014 (Read 15 times)

I've been VERY remiss in coming in here, but then I've been remiss in keeping in touch with the other forums of which I'm a member, as well.

That being said, I will do my best to check in here a couple of times a week, see what's going on, regale with my (mis)adventures, and look forward to hearing of yours.

For those who are new, let's get to know each other again.  I live in the far reaches of Northern CA and am an avid ultra trail runner.  I participate in races that are 50k and up.  Okay - I've only run 2 races over 50k, but I'm working on changing that.  I'm currently registered for the Mt. Hood 50 and am seriously considering the Dick Collins Firetrails 50.  This weekend I am headed to Castro Valley, CA, to participate in a 30k trail race, which I am using a support long run.  I'm a back of the pack runner and excel at being one of the last few people to cross the finish line.

So that's about it for now.  I'll be checking back in to see if anybody else pops up.

In the meantime: Keep Calm and Pray On!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Hi fatozzig, I'm darlene. I love to run as well even though I have never done an ultra run. I don't know if I ever will. If I did do one I would have to say it would be Speed Goat in Utah. I saw the pics and they are beautiful but the elevation is brutal. Well it's worse then brutal It's down right made only for masc assists. I am sure you have been through some just as tough. Well welcome to the group and keep in touch!

Hi, Darlene ~~  Speed Goat is waaaay out of my league.  I'm gulping thinking about running Dick Collins which has a lot less elevation over 50 miles than Speed Goat does over 31 miles.  Ack!

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

I KNOW it's out of my league too....but it doesn't hurt to dream!

If you're gonna dream, Dream Big!  My Dream - Western States.  It would take a miracle, but a gal's gotta have her dreams.

Leaving in a couple of hours for the 5+ hr drive south to Castro Valley for tomorrow's Chabot Trail Run.  It's a ridiculously far drive for 18.5 miles, but I'm looking forward to running someplace different and (gasp!) with other people.  It'll be my birthday present to myself.  I turn 48 on Sunday (double gasp!!).

Have a good weekend ~

1 Corinthians 9:24-27: 24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

What no feed back on your trail run? How did you do? Happy Birthday too! I am 47. My birthday is on Christmas day so I should do a double race! Maybe the goofy challenge? Yeah, that would be a good idea...Hope all went well and most of all hoping you had a blast. That's what it is all about...meeting people and shining your light so all can see the power He gives you!!!! ttyl!

The race went really well.  I'm very happy with the results.  Finished the 18.5 miles in 4:12:?? . . . and then turned around today and signed up for the 50 miler down on that same course in October.  My goal is complete to 50 milers this year - Mt. Hood 50 in July and then the Firetrails 50 in October.  Praying that the body stays intact!

And thank you for the Happy Birthday.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Hey! People!

I was running in the El Paso Marathon on Sunday and pretty miserable the first half due to an upset stomach and problems in the second half due to the dryness and heat. It got up to 70, and my body was used to 20. I went by a Christian band area around mile 21 and heard them say Jesus. I kid you not, I had to stop myself from crying. The rest of the marathon was significantly better after that point.

Happy belated birthday, Leslie!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

So...I was taking a little stroll through the other User Groups (I stay in the Master's Group where I feel safe)  and saw "Christian Runners"  and thought, "Hey, I'm a Christian...and I'm a runner...maybe I'll go on inside".  Then, when I came in here, I saw fatozzig!  I thought, "Yep, I should have known I'd find her in here."

Anyway...it doesn't look like there's a whole lot going on in here but it looks relatively safe.  And, now that I've found you all, I'll stop in from time to time.

See ya.

Your a fast little guy...Welcome to the Christian runners!!! Wow a sub 3 hour marathon!!!

Welcome :-)

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!